1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

New to graphic design

Discussion in 'Photoshop' started by Mesoc, Sep 6, 2009.

1. kanzhirou

kanzhirou Peon

Best Answers:
    well, actually, what you can do is to COMBINE softwares to achieve your idea, personally that's what i call multimedia.

first thing first, you need to know that indesign could make shapes and other things, but it is limited. You could try to composite in Indesign and make the elements in photoshop/illustrator to improve your design.

for tutorials you could look after tutorialized.com.

For drawing, I think that the best you could do is to love to draw first, and at least you can make up rough sketches to generate your idea on paper first before you make it on-screen. It's important to know that sketches always for you to understand, no matter other says it's bad or whatever, the only reason you make that sketch is for yourself to bring it on-screen.

:)

kanzhirou, Sep 27, 2009 IP
  2. kanzhirou

kanzhirou Peon

Best Answers:
    You might want to do sketches before you go to your production stage :)

For technical problems, you could improve by downloading tutorials @ respective website such as tutorialized.com.

Have fun exploring new knowledges !!

kanzhirou, Sep 27, 2009 IP
  3. Mesoc

Mesoc Active Member

Best Answers:
    oh great!! well i ended up getting the adobe design package which includes just about everything, illustrator, psp, indesign, dreamweaver, etc.... i got the adobe illustrator classroom in a book to get started....

the 2 things that i'm dying to know are..

1) i see amazing logos in contest section, are they actually using clip art, or are they drawing everything from scratch?

2) probally will learn this in the book, but how do you get those cool curvy lines in a logo, they look very professional. (i'll try and post a couple examples shortly.)

Mesoc, Sep 28, 2009 IP
  4. appleranger

appleranger Peon

Best Answers:
    I'm just starting to learn about graphic design myself. It was a little challenging at first, but after a few months I was able to know the basic principles of a basic design.

appleranger, Sep 29, 2009 IP
  5. jossetteanne

jossetteanne Peon

Best Answers:
    The most crucial part in designing is your CREATIVITY

nothing else.

If you wanna improve in designing, just like as Norebbo said, practice more and more. also, you might need some tutorials to widen your experience, and that's where GOOGLE comes in handy. :)

jossetteanne, Sep 29, 2009 IP
  6. kanzhirou

kanzhirou Peon

Best Answers:
    and CREATIVITY can be achieved by MINDMAPPING your idea :)

with some trial & error i believe everyone can achieve at that stage !

kanzhirou, Oct 2, 2009 IP
  7. sheila.peacock

sheila.peacock Peon

Best Answers:
    Try using Illustrator, or if your brave, Flash, your do need to be a good drawer to be a good designer, just have an eye for what looks good, and keep up with current trends and keep testing and expanding your skills

sheila.peacock, Oct 19, 2009 IP