1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

New York City

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by spiced, Oct 15, 2022.

Is New York City really a dirty city?A friend of mine who visited a few years ago told me the city smells horrible and the building are decaying.Is this true?

spiced, Oct 15, 2022 IP
  2. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    NY is huge, it'll be different in every suburb I imagine. I've only been once and couldn't get over the smell from those grills and drains they have, but those aren't everywhere. Overall, though, I think we romanticise NY and it's never going to live up to expectations.

sarahk, Oct 16, 2022 IP
  3. sultanofseo

sultanofseo Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I have been there once many years ago. Like Sara said, its huge. Queens, Elmhurst, Jackson Heights - these are really old places and you will see lot of old high rise buildings. Its not very clean there. If you go to Manhattan, you will see different picture.

sultanofseo, Oct 16, 2022 IP
  4. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    I'll never forget driving through some boonies in West Virginia, thinking if someone from another country sees this place, they'd think the US is doomed. Never been to NY city (on my bucket list), but lived near Columbus, OH and visited some really bad neighborhoods with half-dilapidated buildings in them. Makes me wonder why the US government sends so much $$ to other countries to rebuild them, yet does very little to their own cities. I am sure there is some silly reason for that.

qwikad.com, Oct 16, 2022 IP
  5. sultanofseo

sultanofseo Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Beauty is in the eye of the beholder
    John Denver thought of West Virginia as "almost heaven" :)

sultanofseo, Oct 16, 2022 IP
    qwikad.com likes this.
  6. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Been to NYC scores of times over the course of my career. Also have done the tourist thing there once or twice. Yes, there are a lot of disgusting smells and filth, even in Manhattan. I remember walking a few blocks from my hotel downtown to Penn Station one morning and it was disgusting. I attribute it to the unbelievable density of the population in the city. The sidewalks, roads, buildings, etc., are all worn down by high volumes of foot and vehicle traffic, massive congestion, etc. Whenever I go to NYC, I immediately think of the famous phrase: "It's a nice place to visit, but I would not want to live there."

jrbiz, Oct 29, 2022 IP
  7. MargoFarrel

MargoFarrel Member

Best Answers:
    Dirty? Not totally dirty. I wonder why people think New York City is “so dirty”. It’s such a bad assumption simply because they see one part of the city with a garbage bag in a corner not being picked up yet.

MargoFarrel, Oct 31, 2022 IP
  8. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    jrbiz, Oct 31, 2022 IP
    qwikad.com likes this.
  9. Spoiltdiva

Spoiltdiva Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    As bad as NYC is it cannot compare to Philidelphia "Filthydelphia". I've been to Philly many times as years ago we (the advertising agency) had a very important client there. Want to witness human misery? Then drive down to the corner of Kensington and Allegheny.

But the worst hellhole in America has to be across the river in Camden New Jersey. Even the street walkers and drug addicts look down on the place.

Spoiltdiva, Oct 31, 2022 IP
    jrbiz likes this.
  10. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    LOL, you happened to hit the two states that coincide with my two least favorite airports in North America: Philadelphia and Newark.

jrbiz, Oct 31, 2022 IP