1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Newbie here. Have acquired a website for flipping. Now what do I do?

Discussion in 'General Business' started by Kelsbells, Jul 27, 2011.

Hello,
    I have acquired a website on pregnancy very cheaply on ebay. According to my keyword research there is a huge search volume but not a lot of competition. The site is already fully monetized.

What do I need to do to flip it?

Is there any way to find someone experienced who can walk me through the process?

Kelsbells, Jul 27, 2011 IP
  2. mcdwgbiz

mcdwgbiz Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Hey how's it going,

I actually started on flippa two months ago and have made a few sales already. It's all about how you present your sale, it could be the best looking site on the web but if you don't know how to sale it people will ignore it. Most flippa buyers look for traffic or proffits, besides that if there are is no traffics or profits they look for nice bonuses like free hosting or free themes, anything to hook them.

this is the one I sold https://flippa.com/2628726-4-automated-flash-gaming-sites-no-reserve-thousands-of-games-available.

Sites have no traffic or proffits but I offered free hosting, free themes, and support which of course I intend to do.

Again it's all about how to present your sale, pm me if you need help.

mcdwgbiz, Jul 27, 2011 IP
  3. Flippa.com

Flippa.com Peon

Best Answers:
    Anybody can monetize a site and tailor its content to a certain niche; gone are the days you can pull a decent profit on these via Flippa. To get a decent profit you need one, but preferably both of these things:

1. Traffic
    2. Income

Without these things you are out of luck. Rank the site and get some decent traffic with it; get a few months income on paper; and then try to sell it.

I'm a private website broker, and have sold over $700,000 worth of websites.

Flippa.com, Jul 29, 2011 IP
  4. praesto

praesto Active Member

Best Answers:
    Everyone knows selling a website is based off its traffic and income. The reason people buy into them is not to have ownership, but rather they either want to money or domain. A site about pregnancy is going to be rather difficult. My best advice is to turn the site into a place women can go to seek advice and help when they are pregnant, want to become pregnant, or have recently finished their pregnancy.

praesto, Jul 30, 2011 IP
  5. Kelsbells

Kelsbells Active Member

Best Answers:
    Why do you say that a site about pregnancy is difficult? It appears to be a rather under serviced market to me.

Kelsbells, Jul 30, 2011 IP
  6. praesto

praesto Active Member

Best Answers:
    Kelsbells, there are a vast majority of "under serviced markets". How about a website about prostate cancer, or a website about pms or when a women gets a period. This information is out there but under serviced because it is something that has a limited life span, and there is only so much knowledge to be put on the site. I did only say it was difficult not impossible. Pregnancy is a nine month adventure that most people talk to their doctor and others about. So to motivate people to frequent a website will be more difficult than say a website about sports or a video game of some sort.

praesto, Jul 31, 2011 IP
  7. Kelsbells

Kelsbells Active Member

Best Answers:
    Those are good topics too, but this was the one I chose for my first site. I wasn't trying to be rude, I just wanted to know why you thought this was a bad idea.

I liked the site, it had good info, videos, a blog etc. There will always be pregnant women and women do get pregnant more than once. I want to know how to develop THIS site, since this is the one I got to cut my teeth on. I will keep those topics in mind for future sites when I have gone through the process and know what to do. Do you have any other suggestions I can use?

Kelsbells, Jul 31, 2011 IP
  8. lesportifs

lesportifs Member

Best Answers:
    For pregnancy, you should have some informatives article including new stuff/idea with pregnancy (They always search to learn new things about pregnancy).
    Very important, womens need to talk with each other, that's why you need to have a tchat or a forums where they can talk of what ever they wants!

lesportifs, Jul 31, 2011 IP
  9. praesto

praesto Active Member

Best Answers:
    Kelsbells you can easily turn the website. Make it a place people that are trying to get pregnant, are already pregnant, and have just finished pregnancy would want to go. I never thought you were rude either.

praesto, Jul 31, 2011 IP
  10. rohitink

rohitink Active Member

Best Answers:
    rohitink, Aug 1, 2011 IP
  11. GrantDraper

GrantDraper Active Member

Best Answers:
    I searched for a seller on Google after paying $1,100 for a site I thought was worth more. Eventually I got over $12,000 for it ($4,000 from adsense, CB etc over 24 months). Nothing major but it was hardly a failure :)

GrantDraper, Aug 2, 2011 IP
  12. Kelsbells

Kelsbells Active Member

Best Answers:
    That sounds pretty good Grant.

Kelsbells, Aug 2, 2011 IP
  13. GrantDraper

GrantDraper Active Member

Best Answers:
    When you say monetized, do you mean it is making use of the traffic, or it's ready to make money when you start getting traffic? If it's making money, I'll push you onto my contact.

GrantDraper, Aug 2, 2011 IP