1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Newbie Question - Need A System For A Celebrity Pictures Site...

Discussion in 'Content Management' started by bad_bob00, Jul 2, 2008.

Hi,

Basically I want some kind of system which allows me to easily create a website which will contain a few pages (gallery, news, biography, links, etc) and which will allow me to contain image galleries on certain pages of the site.

Are there any kind of systems that allow this to be done? My sites currently use HTML only, and so its quite a lot of effort going through adding advertisements to every page of the site/uploading images etc.

Anyone know of any kind of system I should use? Also what would my webspace requirements be - php and mysql? And would the system be able to manage multiple sites, or just one at a time? :confused:

Thanks for any help, hope my questions make sense.

bad_bob00, Jul 2, 2008 IP
  2. Nigel Lew

Nigel Lew Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I would suggest using wordpress with one of the revolution themes located here http://www.revolutiontheme.com/
    it's not free but will do exactly what you need. You can also find a range of magazine themes floating around.

Joomla cms is also an option. http://www.joomla.org/

hope that helps,
    Nigel

Nigel Lew, Jul 2, 2008 IP
    bad_bob00 likes this.
  3. bad_bob00

bad_bob00 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks Nigel Lew.

I think Joomla looks like it would be best for my needs.

I've got a simple website layout, would it be easy to set up Joomla so I can have the same page layout and easily add things to more than 1 page at a time?

How exactly does it work? :confused:

Thanks

bad_bob00, Jul 3, 2008 IP