1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Newbie wanting some advice

Discussion in 'Photoshop' started by scottdubose, Mar 15, 2009.

I am a complete newbie when it comes to graphics. What I am trying to do is make web pages for my marketing. Would like to add pic. to them. I tried doing it on a couple of programs just messing around and could not get it. Can someone tell me if it is possible to do this with Kompozer? If not is Photo Plus a good program to start with?

Also all the tutorials that I run across are usually for people with a little knowledge at least. Can someone tell me where to find a free tutorial for the Very new beginner? I know I have to input file destinations and all but cant figure out where to make it work.

scottdubose, Mar 15, 2009 IP
  2. grdesigner79

grdesigner79 Peon

Best Answers:
    I would suggest getting a copy of Adobe DreamWeaver and a book and learning that way, it will take time to learn but it is a great program in my opinion.

grdesigner79, Mar 15, 2009 IP
  3. priyankeshu

priyankeshu Active Member

Best Answers:
    start learning some html

priyankeshu, Mar 15, 2009 IP
  4. scottdubose

scottdubose Peon

Best Answers:
    Is this a free program like the kind I can get at Serriff ware, or something like that? Not sure of the exact name. Don't have the money for a good program. Or more to the point, convincing my wife to let me spend money on it. :)

For right now I'm just trying to load up screenshots and small premade graphics without changing anything. Just want to learn how to do the basics.

Once I get better ill upgrade

5. heffners

heffners Peon

Best Answers:
    No dreamweaver is not free but you can do a search on a search engine for a free one

heffners, Mar 15, 2009 IP
  6. scottdubose

scottdubose Peon

Best Answers:
    I know html fairly well but still make mistakes trying to write it all the time. but have good knowledge of it. Starting to pick up on php. Problem is I've never even messed with pictures until now. I don't even have a photo album.

Any ideas on a good beginners tutorial for just uploading a desktop pic. to a template page in a directory on my site. I'm sure I can get some freeware if you don't think Kompozer wont handle something that simple. I know how to put the pic. in the correct files and all that and how to make a directory.

You guys are awsome though. I've never had this quick of response in a technical social forum.

Thanks

7. SGBoise

SGBoise Peon

Best Answers:
    It depends on how you learn. I'm one of those learn by doing, eithers learn by reading.

If you have money then invest in a good html editor. Dreamviewer or Expression Web are very good to start out with. They allow you to use gui tools and generate the html for you which makes it a lot easier when starting out.

SGBoise, Mar 15, 2009 IP
  8. [x[x]x]

[x[x]x] Peon

Best Answers:
    I don't thinkt it's necessary to get dreamweaver. it's very expensive and there ar loads of other free programs just as good as dw out there.

Most times whe I code I only use notepad because it starts up really fast. But for a newbie I would recommend a program that can correct you if you make mistakes.

As for WYSIWYG-Editors... I don't really like them cause they mess up the code quite alot and you havn't got as much freedom. I don't think any professional coder uses them either :)

[x[x]x], Mar 16, 2009 IP
  9. cocodboss

cocodboss Peon

Best Answers:
    free program? like what?? where i can download it bro??

cocodboss, Mar 25, 2009 IP
  10. Traffic-Bug

Traffic-Bug Active Member

Best Answers:
    To do graphics work, you will need tool like Photoshop.

Traffic-Bug, Mar 25, 2009 IP
  11. pascalsundhar1

pascalsundhar1 Banned

Best Answers:
    Use tutorialvid.com for free tutorials...

For Flash design check out my signature

pascalsundhar1, Mar 25, 2009 IP
  12. scottdubose

scottdubose Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for all the info people. I did join that video tutorial site just a few min. ago. It looks like a great site.

Hey cocodboss, would you mind telling me of a good free software to download. You said that there were free downloads. Mind telling us which ones are best and where to find them? I have found a couple but dont know if they will do the job or what I'm looking for.

scottdubose, Mar 25, 2009 IP
  13. eamiro

eamiro Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Start learning HTML at w3schools.com
    Then learn CSS (very important)
    Once you have enough design skills learn a server side language like PHP (focus on include function, it is very important for the design too).

As regarding code editors use Coffe Cup (free) or Dreamweaver.

eamiro, Mar 26, 2009 IP
  14. scottdubose

scottdubose Peon

Best Answers:
    I am starting to get html down and have a good sized cheat sheet to go by now. :) Thought that I should start looking at PHP and then CSS. Guess I got it backwards. From what I've seen so far about making good web graphics it sounds like I need to know CSS.

I have only been doing this for 3 months now. I didn't even know how to get into my own email account then. Just curious is there an average of how long it takes to learn how to make decent web graphics like web pages, banners, logo's, ect.

scottdubose, Mar 26, 2009 IP
  15. Scott2ride

Scott2ride Peon

Best Answers:
    Just subscribing to get the posts "D

Scott2ride, Mar 26, 2009 IP