1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

News title last week

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by benb7760, May 1, 2005.

Well, here's a strange story;

"Cow Causes stir by falling into river"

"A cow that fell into a river needed the help of 15 fire officers, a passer-by and farm owners as well as two tractors to get it out.

The cow wandered from its herd at Lentons Lane Farm at Aldermans Green, Coventry, and slipped into the Oxford Canal.

A female passer-by alerted the farm's owners and they then spent half an hour trying to heave the cow from the river using a tractor and chains.

The tractor then fell into the canal and, fearing the cow would drown, the woman jumped in to keep its head above water.

A team of 15 fire officers arrived with a major rescue unit and eventually managed to bring the animal out safely.

Station officer Ray Hughes told the Coventry Evening Telegraph: "When we arrived the cow was lying in the canal on her side with a tractor lying next to it. We used large straps, a hose and a lot of manpower to drag the cow out of the canal.

"She was cold and distressed so we wrapped her in silver space blankets to warm her. After 10 minutes she began to stir, and looked up, as if to say: "Thanks for that, I've had my swim. I'm off now".""

benb7760, May 1, 2005 IP
  2. anthonycea

anthonycea Banned

Best Answers:
    Too bad we don't care for people as much as that :eek:

anthonycea, May 1, 2005 IP
  3. compar

compar Peon

Best Answers:
    I'd drive a tractor over you Anthony :)

compar, May 1, 2005 IP
  4. anthonycea

anthonycea Banned

Best Answers:
    Must have been a "Mad Cow" Bob :eek:

Is Canadian Beef any good Bob or is American Beef :confused:

I know we will not let your beef in this country and 50 nations still have ours on their ban list :eek:

5. compar

compar Peon

Best Answers:
    I'm not an expert on beef. I still eat it whenever the mood strikes me. I prefer fish and lamb before beef, but I did had an excellent steak about a week ago. I think most of this whole thing is political and has more to do with trade protectionism than the quality of the product.

compar, May 1, 2005 IP
  6. anthonycea

anthonycea Banned

Best Answers:
    Well I think that 50 nations still ban USA beef and we still ban yours, hell we were the one's that sold your farmers that bad feed in the first place :eek:

Japan wants us to conduct tests on each animal but the stupid asses in the industry and the government don't want to do it.

7. minstrel

minstrel Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    That's true. But to be fair... you did give us an excellent price :eek:

minstrel, May 1, 2005 IP
  8. anthonycea

anthonycea Banned

Best Answers:
    Yeah the USA has all the best solutions to everything, sort of like the Agent Orange we sprayed on Vietnam that is still causing birth defects in the children and the toxin is still in their soil threatening future generations also.

If our people only knew how stupid our leaders have been and are they would shit a brick, hind site is 20/20.

9. minstrel

minstrel Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Is that show still running? :eek:

minstrel, May 1, 2005 IP
  10. anthonycea

anthonycea Banned

Best Answers:
    That might have been the show I seen the agent orange story on, they showed it yesterday on the 30th anniversary of the end of the Vietnam war showing all the kids born as freaks because of our lunacy of spraying the forests with agent orange to kill all the trees so the enemy would have no place to hide.