1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

newsletter script

Discussion in 'Content Management' started by swaggerer, Jan 29, 2010.

I apologize if this is the wrong section but I believe it to be the closest thing to what I need.

I am in need of a newsletter mailing service or newsletter software. I plan to start a newsletter with one of my larger sites but am lost as to what to use.

Also, do I run the risk of getting marked as spam by doing this on my own server? I am not sure, exactly, how the whole thing works.

Thanks

swaggerer, Jan 29, 2010 IP
  2. proson

proson Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Hi Swaggerer, I have been using lots of autoresponders services including aweber, getresponse, icontact, even host on my own.

But before I tell you what are the best for you may be you can tell me how big is your (email list if any) and what type of hosting service (shared, vds, dedicated) hosting plan that you are running your large site on?

It is necessary since most shared hosting plans do not allow you to send bulk email.

Proson

proson, Jan 31, 2010 IP
  3. yoes_san

yoes_san Peon

Best Answers:
    You can install a web-based mailer on your server and send mails using that.

Just make sure that:
    - You know what is the maximum number of out-going emails your hosting allow
    - The receiver expected your email (they subscribe for your letters)
    - You have opt-out link in your email
    - You send out mails as slow as you can (1 mail every few minutes for 24 hours, etc)
    - You emails doesn't use wording like "sell", "free", "buy now", etc

Then you should be fine.

yoes_san, Feb 2, 2010 IP