1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Next Step after Adsense

Discussion in 'General Business' started by tvfoodmaps, Jun 19, 2012.

Hi, I run a website that has been growing steadily and now does about 1.4 million page views a month with about 300k unique visitors. 95+% of the traffic is US based. I've been running ads using adsense with decent success but I feel like there are so many tools (Rubicon, Pubmatic, Google DFP, etc) and networks out there that I'm not sure what my next step should be to improve my revenue. Any thoughts on this are greatly appreciated.

tvfoodmaps, Jun 19, 2012 IP
  2. InnovusHost

InnovusHost Peon

Best Answers:
    Depending on the genre of your site, you may want to solicit advertisers directly.

InnovusHost, Jun 20, 2012 IP
  3. tvfoodmaps

tvfoodmaps Peon

Best Answers:
    So the site is related to Food TV and Restaurants (www.tvfoodmaps.com). If I were to get direct advertising what tools/services would be best to manage that (payments, ad serving, etc) while still allowing me to fill unsold ads with adsense?

tvfoodmaps, Jun 20, 2012 IP
  4. ForumAdvertising

ForumAdvertising Peon

Best Answers:
    Does not matter how big your website is - You can't add other advertising networks there. Affiliate offers might be an option for you tho.

ForumAdvertising, Jun 20, 2012 IP
  5. tvfoodmaps

tvfoodmaps Peon

Best Answers:
    What do you mean you cant add other networks?

6. ForumAdvertising

ForumAdvertising Peon

Best Answers:
    In example - Chitika, Clickbank and so on. Google has to stay as your only CPC network on the website if you wish to use it.

Also are you sure you're getting 300,000 visitors per month on that website? If it is then quickly work on the design, would get you much more visitors. In my opinion it's still glitchy and weak.

ForumAdvertising, Jun 20, 2012 IP
  7. tvfoodmaps

tvfoodmaps Peon

Best Answers:
    We are working on improving the design a little bit at a time. I would love any specifics on what you think we should focus on. Our site has been growing much faster than expected and we've had very few comments / complaints about the design and more for features/content so that has been our focus. As for our #'s we did 240,000 unique users and 300,000 unique visits in the past 30 days for a total fo 1.35 mil page views.

As for the ad networks - I was under the impression you could use Adsense with CPM providers like Adbrite and Lijit (those are two I've experimented with).