1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

No Wonder We Come To Digital Point!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by anthonycea, May 19, 2005.

Man, I just went to another forum for a couple of posts and suffered my way through them, that un-named place really sucked. :eek:

The forum was so slow, the graphics sucked so bad, when you posted it took you back to the index page instead of the post and thread you were in. :eek:

It is no wonder that Digital Point forums are popular, so many forums suck and there are so many of them now that when you go to some of them there are like 0 (zero) people alive online there. :eek:

Houston, is there life on that planet, Houston can you hear me :confused:

anthonycea, May 19, 2005 IP
  2. Design Agent

Design Agent Peon

Best Answers:
    Its not so much that all others 'suck' more that dp has quality all over it ;)

Design Agent, May 19, 2005 IP
  3. Epica

Epica Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    well, we're definately alive and well here ;)

Epica, May 19, 2005 IP
  4. anthonycea

anthonycea Banned

Best Answers:
    Believe me when I tell you a lot of them SUCK :eek: :p :p :p

5. noppid

noppid gunnin' for the quota

Best Answers:
    Holy cow! A new forum today.

Maybe a drive in the real world tomorrow? My $20 offer still stands. In fact, I'm considering hooking you up with a nicer biker chick to come and deliever it so ya have a date.

noppid, May 19, 2005 IP
  6. anthonycea

anthonycea Banned

Best Answers:
    Well Noppid, I do that everyday, it costs me exactly $20.00 to drive back and fourth to work, that is $450.00 or so a month.

Thanks to Bush and the Dick in the White House.

$450.00 a month is a house payment for some folks :eek:

7. Crazy_Rob

Crazy_Rob I seen't it!

Best Answers:
    $450 a month? WHAT? Do you have a Hummer?

Crazy_Rob, May 19, 2005 IP
  8. anthonycea

anthonycea Banned

Best Answers:
    I am about 45 miles North of Panama City Beach, most of the construction work is near the beach, so the Dick's in the White House are having their way with me :eek:

9. Andi

Andi Peon

Best Answers:
    You blame the President because no one near your home thinks your skills are valuable? You need some new skills, among them, reasoning and problem solving.

But I'm sure you can think of something the President has done that prevents you from living near your place of employment.

Andi, May 19, 2005 IP
    minstrel likes this.
  10. anthonycea

anthonycea Banned

Best Answers:
    Will you blame him when the banking system fails and the real estate bubble bursts and with gas at $5.00 :confused:

When will you jump on the train since it is but a matter of time :confused:

PS: I could always get a job in the oil industry :p

11. Andi

Andi Peon

Best Answers:
    Is there anything in your life that is your own doing, or is it all the President's fault? While you were doing all that research on the banking system or following the details of the real estate market, did you ever think of doing something instead that might benefit yourself and others?

Besides bellyaching about what the President is doing, I mean...

Andi, May 19, 2005 IP
  12. anthonycea

anthonycea Banned

Best Answers:
    Sure, writing about what is destroying this nation is very important, if you watch the news most Americans are now in complete agreement with my statements.

You are on the outside looking in, but you will soon be inside :eek:

13. noppid

noppid gunnin' for the quota

Best Answers:
    But the truth be told, the President is doing a lousy job. Come on, I voted for the guy and have to admit it.

noppid, May 19, 2005 IP
  14. YianG

YianG Peon

Best Answers:
    I must say that this forum is quite nice. Agreed.

YianG, May 19, 2005 IP
  15. AL_H_5

AL_H_5 Peon

Best Answers:
    "thanks to Bush..." "when the banking system fails" "what is destroying this nation" "if you watch the news" "most Americans are in complete agreement"

anthonycea, you are naive. Ah, but maybe one day you'll learn....

Besides that...I agree, this is a nice forum

AL_H_5, May 19, 2005 IP
  16. ViciousSummer

ViciousSummer Ayn Rand for President! Staff

Best Answers:
    um...WHERE? Fixer-uppers are in the $800,000's in San Diego. Well, I guess if I put $700,000 down, maybe I could pay $450 a month...Does anyone have $700,000 laying around that I could have? :eek:

ViciousSummer, May 20, 2005 IP
  17. Design Agent

Design Agent Peon

Best Answers:
    Sure, help yourself, just grab it from under my matress ;)

Design Agent, May 20, 2005 IP
  18. anthonycea

anthonycea Banned

Best Answers:
    Coming from a guy that can not come up with any of his own words I feel good about what ever you say man :eek:

Don't worry VS, there is a major real estate bust coming, if you save your money you will be able to get in within the next 2 years after the bust.

Many will lose their homes as interest rates move up and they are, since most have adjustable rate mortgages, when their payments triple home prices will drop and fast as there will be a glut of homes on the market and no way for folks without jobs to finance them.

http://www.theleftcoaster.com/archives/002332.html

Does anyone recall the last real estate bust?

Just do a search on the following keywords.

Real Estate Bubble

Adjustable Rate Mortgages Foreclosure

Dot Com Bust Real Estate
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------
    http://money.cnn.com/2005/05/01/news/fortune500/buffett_talks/index.htm?cnn=yes

Buffett: "A lot of the psychological well being of the American public comes from how well they've done with their house over the years. If indeed there's been a bubble, and it's pricked at some point, the net effect on Berkshire might well be positive [because the company's financial strength would allow it to buy real-estate-related businesses at bargain prices]....

"Certainly at the high end of the real estate market in some areas, you've seen extraordinary movement.... People go crazy in economics periodically, in all kinds of ways. Residential housing has different behavioral characteristics, simply because people live there. But when you get prices increasing faster than the underlying costs, sometimes there can be pretty serious consequences."

Munger: "You have a real asset-price bubble in places like parts of California and the suburbs of Washington, D.C."

Buffett: "I recently sold a house in Laguna for $3.5 million. It was on about 2,000 square feet of land, maybe a twentieth of an acre, and the house might cost about $500,000 if you wanted to replace it. So the land sold for something like $60 million an acre."

Munger: "I know someone who lives next door to what you would actually call a fairly modest house that just sold for $17 million. There are some very extreme housing price bubbles going on."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

FYI Warren Buffett is the worlds richest and best professional investor.

anthonycea, May 20, 2005 IP
  19. Dreamshop

Dreamshop Peon

Best Answers:
    Ha....Anthony has hijacked his own thread!

To be quite honest I agree with the fact that we are headed for some tough times with real estate and the value of the dollar. One of my best friends is semi-retired at 40 (made his money as a real estate investor). He's actually moving out of the country because indicators are so bad right now. I put a lot of faith in what he has to say considering he's been so successful at it.

Dreamshop, May 20, 2005 IP
  20. Andi

Andi Peon

Best Answers:
    The real estate bubble is caused by investors getting in late while blinded by greed. These cycles can't be controlled by the President, the Fed maybe has a very slight handle on it. But bubbles are creatures of the MARKET not government, aggregate decisions and herd mentality.

RE bubbles don't burst the same way equities bubbles burst. There is actually some reality to the term "real." When the RE bubble is about to burst investor sales drop off first but the public goes on buying for a while. Prices won't actually drop until the desperate must sell, and they are few at first. It's a cycle that must play out over several years. Many tears and much bloodletting accompany a RE slide.

But if you didn't see it coming you weren't watching. No one has a crystal ball but the signs of a bubble about to burst is something anyone conscious during 1999-2000 should know.

Andi

Andi, May 20, 2005 IP