1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Nobody wants to buy my sites, can you give me reason?

Discussion in 'General Business' started by WebDeveloperSahil, Feb 4, 2014.

I'd put my site on sale last month, but there isn't anyone who want to buy it. Can you provide me any reason so I can try to modify my site or things that I can take care for in future.
    I'm getting 1st google page for login and registration system search, good alexa ranking and domain age. Any kind of help is appreciated. I haven't tried any website like flippa etc.

WebDeveloperSahil, Feb 4, 2014 IP
  2. Deepak patel

Deepak patel Active Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Go to facebook and Join Buy sell website group as many you can and sell there.
    That's works fine for me.

Deepak patel, Feb 4, 2014 IP
    WebDeveloperSahil likes this.
  3. theurbantwist

theurbantwist Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Where did you list your site? That would give me a better idea as to what you're doing wrong, if you're doing anything wrong.

theurbantwist, Feb 4, 2014 IP
  4. WebDeveloperSahil

WebDeveloperSahil Active Member

Best Answers:
    Thank you, I listed in my sale in SITES section of this forums, you can see my siggy

WebDeveloperSahil, Feb 4, 2014 IP
  5. Mike In

Mike In Active Member

Best Answers:
    As stated above some time is a very good domain/ site is listed @ wrong place/ forum either it does not get the correct value or doesn't sell.
    Try to list it @ the most appropriate time also if it has been listed @ a festive or incorrect timing (which is not @ all certain) may yeald bad results :|

EDIT: I came to see the name of your website and the last word is slightly towards making it a personal site/ blog.

Mike In, Feb 4, 2014 IP
  6. tacitinc

tacitinc Active Member

Best Answers:
    Most people try to sell their sites for way more than they are really worth... jus sayin

tacitinc, Feb 4, 2014 IP
  7. sabin

sabin Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    - the traffic is relatively low, and bound to fall if no effort is put on this, and even then, efforts for less than 100 uniques per day, it doesn't look like it could pay off so much for the time it takes

- you didn't give traffic stats from the very beginning, it requires to scroll down, which makes us doubt your reliability (sorry if these are hard words, it's a matter of public appearances, you see the idea ?)

- and, as already mentioned, the domain name sends a clear message "if you're not willing to impersonate a person called sahil, don't buy it"

Suggestions : if you have ads on your website, sharing a report of how much they earn. Otherwise, at least, state a price at once, don't wait for offers. Even if it's a low price, it will work as a starting point, and people may react to this.

sabin, Feb 4, 2014 IP
  8. theurbantwist

theurbantwist Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Now that I see the listing, the domain name is too personal for someone else to buy other than yourself since I take it that your name is Sahil. No one is going to buy that site with that name attached to it unless their name also happens to be Sahil...or they are going to want that site extremely cheap, which is most likely what's going to happen.

My advice to you is to replicate what you did for this site but under a different domain name, a name that is marketable and doesn't have any personal identifiers and see if the same success can be achieved.

And also how much were you really expecting to sell site for that ONLY has 25-30 unique visitors according to the listing? Pageviews and visitors are not the same thing, so I hope you aren't looking at the site having 600 pageviews and getting that confused with visitors.

theurbantwist, Feb 4, 2014 IP
  9. gambler53

gambler53 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Sometimes, it's about how you market your site. If you can show that your site has value even if you don't have many page views, do that. However, you would sell it more if you had a higher number of visitors and activity on it.

gambler53, Feb 4, 2014 IP