1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

North to Alaska

Discussion in 'General Business' started by Spoiltdiva, Nov 18, 2022.

When I was young I had a good career that was quite lucrative, and I also inherited a lot of money. I was advised to get into real estate and I have done o.k.

Now that I am middle aged I am being advised to invest into Alaska. I cannot as I have put all my $$$ eggs into one basket and can't get out, it's too late for me now. But if I was young again and starting out, it's north to Alaska that I would go.

Alaska is warming twice as fast as the rest of the planet and vast tracts of land are now thawing out. Land that was inaccessible is now available. The winters are no longer as harsh, and the summers are longer than they were before.

If I could I would purchase 100 acres of forest land and harvest the trees. The $$$ from the wood would eventually pay for the land, and then I would lease out the cleared land as farm land. I could not lose and would become very wealthy. Land is still cheap up there...for now.

Spoiltdiva, Nov 18, 2022 IP
    jrbiz likes this.
  2. Randall Magwood

Randall Magwood Active Member

Best Answers:
    I heard the government will also pay you to live in Alaska. Maybe $1000 per year, but it's still an incentive. Your idea sounds good. Will you go through with it?

Randall Magwood, Nov 19, 2022 IP
  3. Spoiltdiva

Spoiltdiva Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    No I can't, all my $$$ is tied up. In fact I am involved these days with the town council and the local ski hill on a venture. I am really stretched out to the max $$$ wise. But a young person ought to think about Alaska. The state government there wants young entrepreneurs to invest and will help, even with financing.

Spoiltdiva, Nov 19, 2022 IP
  4. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    It's a great idea. Were I a young person looking to make my mark, it would be an interesting area to target. At my age, however, I am thinking more about moving South where it is warmer. :)

jrbiz, Nov 21, 2022 IP
  5. Spoiltdiva

Spoiltdiva Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Considering global warming and rising sea levels, moving to where it is warm is counter productive. Things are only going to get worse. Don't believe me? Then talk to folks living down in Florida.

North to Alaska....that's where the future lies.;)

Spoiltdiva, Nov 21, 2022 IP
  6. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Or "better," depending on your perspective. :)

jrbiz, Nov 21, 2022 IP