1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Not sucessful on freelancer sites.

Discussion in 'General Business' started by myatharivijaykumar, Apr 21, 2013.

hi friends iam not sucessfull on freelancer sites like odesk and elance. iam expressing my views about these sites. I have signed up for these sites 3 days ago and i bid for projects around 30 projects in 2 sites but not selected. There is huge competition in these sites. Also in odesk getting bangladesh smell. And in elance iam seeing world wide freelancers but in elance they want quality of work but iam write person for content writing or data entry but iam not sucessful over 3 days no one selected me as u any one happened to you how many days did u wait for the clients to be selected.

myatharivijaykumar, Apr 21, 2013 IP
  2. Revelations-Decoder

Revelations-Decoder Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    If you are the "write" person and not the "right" person what can you do...

Revelations-Decoder, Apr 21, 2013 IP
  3. CandleKeep

CandleKeep Active Member

Best Answers:
    Unfortunately, the freelancers with impeccable reviews have a monopoly on freelancing sites.

People can contest what I've just said, but it is what it is.

Bidders want guaranteed people with a trackrecord of quality.

Your only way to break in is by offering to work for very cheap, or free and build momentum with quality reviews.

CandleKeep, Apr 21, 2013 IP
  4. Solid_Nuts

Solid_Nuts Active Member

Best Answers:
    "bangladesh smell."

?

Solid_Nuts, Apr 21, 2013 IP
  5. MikeQ

MikeQ Member

Best Answers:
    As you are in starting phase, learning phase so you shouldn't think of bad things, who smells or who doesn't.. you should concentrate on learning.

I would say you are lucky discussing about freelancing, most of the big businessmen in internet marketing have come through freelancing route, so you should try your best according to your skills..

MikeQ, Apr 21, 2013 IP
  6. melprise

melprise Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    If you really want to break into the accepted side and aren't afraid of going a tad blackhat, set up two extra accounts under different profiles, and 'hire yourself' for your first two assignments. Give yourself great feedback for the gigs, and pay yourself.

Voila, now you have an impeccable track record, or the beginnings of a track record, that you can use to leverage getting some real assignments. Once you get hired for real, make sure you do excellent work for the first gigs, so as to receive positive reviews. Then you'll be on your way to getting regularly hired.

melprise, Apr 21, 2013 IP
  7. Dr\Logo

Dr\Logo Active Member

Best Answers:
    let me tell you something, you present yourself as a content writer, and you have spelling mistakes in your proposal! will they ever hire you? and they are mostly looking for native English speakers for these writing jobs. also i don't think going blackhat and hiring yourself will ever help you because eventually you will be tested by real clients who can't accept these mistakes.

Dr\Logo, Apr 21, 2013 IP
  8. cronik

cronik Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    iam = I am

cronik, Apr 21, 2013 IP
  9. Revelations-Decoder

Revelations-Decoder Well-Known Member

Best Answers:

Unless you are looking for Yam Recipes :)

Revelations-Decoder, Apr 21, 2013 IP
  10. armansto

armansto Member

Best Answers:
    keep biding on different projects...
    now, getting work in freelancing sites is not so easy because there are tons of freelancer who are very good in their profession and have good feedback they are charging very low price as well.

Think why a contractor should hire you?
    He have the option to choose qualified people for the project as there will be lots of bids.So try to make your cover latter as good as possible.
    To get quick job i will suggest you open gig in fiverr and other market places for VA and do some work with really cheap price to get a good review and you are done!

let me share my interesting story :D
    in fiverr i was providing backlink services and 10+(there are tons of same service but these 10's were the best) people are in my category and we are providing almost same service. keep that in mind I always provide quality service with quantity.
    here what i did,
    i opened a gig with 10 Manual web 2. and start getting some sales.after few days i checked there another provider opened a gig for 12 Manual web'2 .After seeing this i change my gigs from 10 to 14 web 2's.After few days another provider opened/edited his existing gig to provide 15 Manual Web 2.0 services.Again i have changed my gig from 14 to 17.........lol. This is because we all wanted to be hire and we have to provide such a service which will bid all other same services.

You will find 50+ web 2's service in fiverr but know what?those are full of junk done using some automated tools.

So i will suggest you to be passionate, keep biding,research others works and open service which is bid the other service provider in both quality and quantity.
    Hope you will find your success.

armansto, Apr 21, 2013 IP