1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Not this ICANN thing Again!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by paradox, Nov 14, 2004.

I just purchased a domain at GoDaddy and saw a new added expense.

"Fee charged by ICANN

This mandatory fee is charged by ICANN (Internet Corporation For Assigned Names and Numbers: www.icann.org). and becomes effective on November 1, 2004. It is 25 cents per domain name registration year. Thus, the fee on a one year .com registration would be 25 cents. The fee would be 50 cents for a two year registration (i.e. 25 cents times 2). Additional years would be at 25 cents per year.

ICANN fees apply to .com, .net, .org, .biz, .info, and .name."

We all know how that goes - it is 25 cents today then 1 dollar tomorrow then $10 per year after that.....

This ICANN is worse than Micro$oft !

paradox, Nov 14, 2004 IP
  2. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    The fee has always been there, and every registrar includes it in the normal registration fees. GoDaddy used to as well... it's nothing more than a marketing gimmick that GoDaddy started to do. Their domains used to be $8.95/year. Now they can advertise them for $8.70/year. Pretty stupid if you ask me.

digitalpoint, Nov 14, 2004 IP
  3. paradox

paradox Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    GoDady is being very tricky because the notice "becomes effective on November 1, 2004" leads the domain name purchaser to think that this a new fee.

paradox, Nov 15, 2004 IP