1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Offer Blogging Platform for website visitors

Discussion in 'Content Management' started by XooX, Apr 28, 2011.

Hi

I am thinking of creating a new Blogging platform on my website where my site visitors can register and create their own blog address. i.e., if my website is xyz.com, they will be able to create a blog at xyz.com/user where they can login and post their own blog.

Is there any open source software that I can install to achieve this? Your help is very much appreciated.

XooX, Apr 28, 2011 IP
  2. Miroslav Chodak

Miroslav Chodak Active Member

Best Answers:
    Wordpress.org has a multisite function from version 3+. It can do what you describe. It's basically the same thing that powers wordpress.com and many other big blogging sites.

Beware, however, that sites like this are heavily targeted by spammers and that you will need to take precautions to avoid/minimize this. It's a big undertaking. Good luck!

Miroslav Chodak, Apr 28, 2011 IP
  3. XooX

XooX Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks a lot for the info and advice Miroslav. Didn't know about this. I shall check it out.

XooX, Apr 28, 2011 IP
  4. bojanvuk

bojanvuk Active Member

Best Answers:
    bojanvuk, Apr 30, 2011 IP