1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Offline Copy of my OsCommerce in my Notebook

Discussion in 'Content Management' started by Dolcehouse.com, Oct 17, 2009.

Dear All,

I am not expert in PHP, UNIX not Cpanel and worst I am not rich enough to pay someone doing it. However I am willing to learn.

I have an Online Boutique hosted on UNIX platform using CPANEL. The software is call OSCommerce 2.2. I think it requires PHP and MySQL.

Now I don't have Wireless Broadband access, I sometimes need to showcase my product to my potential client on the run without any internet access.

What I want to do is a simple for dummy solution to create and synchronize my online boutique to my notebook. So I always have a local copy in hand.

Can some kind soul help me out for free?

Regards
    Chloe

Dolcehouse.com, Oct 17, 2009 IP
  2. liangningtai

liangningtai Peon

Best Answers:
    I would like to help you, but could do nothing

liangningtai, Dec 7, 2009 IP
  3. Kerosene

Kerosene Alpha & Omega™ Staff

Best Answers:
    You can install something like XAMPP or WAMP.
    They put PHP, MySQL, and Apache on your computer - so you can run PHP/database driven sites locally.

Just download your PHP/osC files, then download your database to your laptop.
    If you've never done it before, it won't be much fun to set it up, and will take a bit of reading to get it working - but it's worth knowing how to do.

Have you considered just using screen shots?

---------

Maybe you're not trying hard enough? :rolleyes:

Kerosene, Dec 8, 2009 IP