1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

One big content rich site vs. multiple lower end sites

Discussion in 'General Business' started by mnicklas14, Nov 29, 2010.

Hi everyone,

Although I've been working as a freelancing web/graphic designer for multiple years now, I'm new to the whole website management for profit aspect.

I have been waiting to get into it until I found a market that I thought would really give me the best opportunity to be successful. I have a few in mind, one of which I am developing a site for currently and wish to have it fully live and functional by the new year.

I am curious from those of which who have experience managing several sites, is it more profitable to put 100% into one site and really drive the value of that site upwards, or is it more profitable to split the workload into several niches and aim for lower profits but more sources?

Any information you think might be useful would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
    Mike

mnicklas14, Nov 29, 2010 IP
  2. PHPGator

PHPGator Banned

Best Answers:
    My recommendation is if you are just getting started in internet marketing is you should begin with just one website. Put all of your heart and soul into it. You don't need to do a site that is tailored around making money. Instead, do a site tailored around something you are passionate about, and then figure out a way to monetize it. Trust me, there will be multiple ways if you have real traffic.

PHPGator, Nov 29, 2010 IP
  3. addictionrecovery

addictionrecovery Peon

Best Answers:
    Obviously many websites on smaller scale. This way you can scale up pretty quickly if you outsource the work. While your workers are duplicating the small websites, you should focus on growing your business by adding more products/service to sales funnel. This method has been working wonders for me and my clients.

addictionrecovery, Nov 29, 2010 IP
  4. mnicklas14

mnicklas14 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the responses guys, and based off of the two thats why I have been a bit confused about the approach I have. I guess my plan for the time being is to maximize content on my current project, which will be quite a large database started from scratch, and then while building links and traffic, I'll be looking for other opportunities in to start.

mnicklas14, Nov 30, 2010 IP