1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Online business vs Full time job directly after college

Discussion in 'General Business' started by keltron, Oct 17, 2011.

?

Which is best in your opinion? Directly after college....

Poll closed Oct 22, 2011.
  1. You will learn more by doing job.

100.0%
  2. You will learn more by doing your online business.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
    Hi,

I completed my graduation recently & i'm doing an online part time business & making lots of money.
    I got placed in a reputed software company for full time job. I'm from mumbai,India.

Now i have two options, work for the company in this full time job with job-security but less pay.
    Second, Continue doing my online business.

I'm currently earning 3 times in my online business than the job i'm offered. Online thing is all setup & I'm doing it from the past 10 months.
    My business basically include online work like freelancing, making android & iOS apps & selling them on respective sites.

So, is it good for a fresher to directly deal with such online business or should I first do a job (I have a bond of two years in this job) & then do my business??? It's very difficult to do both simultaneously. Anyone experienced is most welcome. Will i get more experience in such business than a Job??

Thanks.

keltron, Oct 17, 2011 IP
  2. reagent

reagent Active Member

Best Answers:
    I don't want to give any advice, and besides I think that it's stupid to try to solve such a matter by a poll so I didn't vote. But anyway, I'm 37 years old, and I think I have some experience in this life. So I could note:
    1) 2 years may seem to someone as a long-long time, but eventually it's just a glance, a tear in the rain :(((
    2) How much is that "lots of money"? A couple of billions as Zukerberg makes? Or at least the same as middle-management of that company earns? Do you already have some business idea? A business plan? Are you paid one time for your applications or you get steady royalties from them? What if you stop making them? Are you ready to undertake and run big projects which involve, say, a dozen of participants? How much you think you will earn from your business in 2 years? Freelancing is not that far from a "normal" job though.
    3) College graduates are rarely taken to CEO positions straight from college. But there're many more old CEOs making $100K till the end of their life, than just-after-college zukerbergs. Also it's said that till 35 you work for your career, and after 35 your career works for you. This is generally true.
    4) Is reputed company really reputed enough to waste your time on it? Is it really so job-secure? Is 2 years term final, or it seems possible to negotiate new terms after, say, a year? Can it teach you something new (not only about coding, but about how reputed business really works), or to get you new connections?
    5) Can you scale down your business to run it alongside your full-time job? For example, make just 1 app a month, not five, and leave out freelancing. How much you can lose if you scale your business down?
    These seem good points to think over.

reagent, Oct 17, 2011 IP
    keltron likes this.
  3. ApocalypseXL

ApocalypseXL Notable Member

Best Answers:
    A job will always be better then running your business as a hobby .

There is no successful business that has be run part-time . So go for the job .

ApocalypseXL, Oct 17, 2011 IP
  4. contentmegaguru

contentmegaguru Peon

Best Answers:
    I would do both if i were you. I would get the job and then cut back on the online work, but still do it.

contentmegaguru, Oct 17, 2011 IP
  5. danasurvey

danasurvey Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Could you take a part time job with this company and also run your online business part time too?

danasurvey, Oct 17, 2011 IP
  6. keltron

keltron Peon

Best Answers:
    In the contract that i have to sign, they say you can't work for other job or business.

keltron, Oct 18, 2011 IP