1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Open Source Job Board Software

Discussion in 'Content Management' started by Twity, Nov 9, 2010.

Last year I was asking how to create a site similar to www.philjobspot.com

http://forums.digitalpoint.com/showthread.php?t=1586434

Recently I was able to acquire this website from its owner and now I am thinking of sharing the script / software as an open source / free.

Any though? What should I consider before doing it?

If I made up my mind to release it as open source. It will be available by February, 2011.

Twity, Nov 9, 2010 IP
  2. hassan001

hassan001 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Thats a good thinking.... But for that you would be needing a team which can handle customer requests and can do the daily development, bug fixes, updates, forum responses......

have a look at phpBB development team...... I believe that you will not be having such a huge work at once but very soon you will have the same.... Also I have many open source Ideas in My Mind... If you like to discuss can P.M me....

regards...

hassan001, Nov 15, 2010 IP
  3. Greg Carnegie

Greg Carnegie Peon

Best Answers:
    I agree with @hassan001 technical support is in not-fun category when it comes to software development. On the other hand if this will be an open source project you can limit technical support to some official forum and if you will build a community of users/developers around the product then you might avoid the problem altogether.

Greg Carnegie, Nov 16, 2010 IP