1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Opencart Vs Magento.

Discussion in 'Content Management' started by Joshie, Jun 13, 2014.

Ever since I bought heat press for all type of things (tshirt, hats, plates, mugs, glass, leather, etc) to personalize so I am starting a personalize/customize business which is beginning to be successful in my area (local) so I decided that I am not only going to do it local but everywhere (national preferably) and also to allow everyone in my area to be able to order online instead of having to send me a message on my personal Facebook or calling/texting me so I figured that I am just might as well going to open ecommerce so to give them the other option to order instead of call/text/private message.

I have ran Opencart and Zencart before, loved both of them but I haven't used them ever since '10 I believe and I never heard of Magento until I saw it in the simplescript that is in my cpanel and done research on some of the ecommerce scripts as well and found that Opencart and Magento is top ecommerce scripts chosen by many and both are strong competitors which that gives me a harder decision to make on which one should I use.

Have you ever used Magento and Opencart? Which one would you prefer, which one is it easier for consumers side?

Also I would love to hear some of the pros and cons for both ecommerce scripts.

Greatly appreciate for any responses!

Joshie, Jun 13, 2014 IP
  2. Nigel Lew

Nigel Lew Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I typically make clients buy some commercial stuff for Magento but I use it for everything unless I can get away with using wp and woocommerce. I don't typically suggest the latter though.

Magento is an enterprise level solution.

Nigel

Nigel Lew, Jun 13, 2014 IP
  3. trish1

trish1 Member

Best Answers:
    i have used opencart its pretty nice to use , but i would reccommend woo-commerce with wordpress

trish1, Jul 10, 2014 IP
    stilleyes likes this.
  4. yagnik

yagnik Active Member

Best Answers:
    I'm agree with Trish, but also like suggest Magento. It's good.

yagnik, Jul 10, 2014 IP
  5. efforts unlimited

efforts unlimited Member

Best Answers:
    I think magento is good and advisable more in comparison to opencart...actually I have used magento only.

efforts unlimited, Jul 15, 2014 IP