1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Opinioins about ExpressionEngine?

Discussion in 'Content Management' started by richrf, Jun 25, 2007.

Hi,

I am going to do a staged redesign of Links.com, and will need a CMS platform that provides lots of flexibility in both the presentation layer and database layer, since I will be doing lots of experimentation and incremental changes to the site as a learn more about my visitors.

Mostly I need the CMS for the routine tasks of archiving articles, categorization, spam control, user authentication, SEO, etc. I've looked at most of the major CMSs and I seem to be gravitating toward ExpressionEngine since it seems to be very flexible, stable, secure, and scalable. However, it does require some pretty good CSS and PHP coding skills which I do not have, so I will have to use a developer which means some ongoing costs. Before I go ahead with development, I was wondering if anyone has used ExpressionEngine as well as other CMSs and can give me some pros and cons of this platform. Thanks in advance for any info.

Rich

richrf, Jun 25, 2007 IP
  2. xxKillswitch

xxKillswitch Peon

Best Answers:
    I have taken small looks at Expression Engine, but I have't gone too far from Joomla. Joomla is incredibly powerful and its free. The plus side of Joomla is its easy to create templates for and there is a huge community and a ton of addons. Joomla is also free.

xxKillswitch, Jun 28, 2007 IP
  3. Suri.CMS

Suri.CMS Peon

Best Answers:
    Did you finally use that ?
    Any feedback on ExpressionEngine ?

Suri.CMS, Dec 9, 2007 IP