1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Optimizing Outlining People

Discussion in 'Photoshop' started by kumocorp, Apr 15, 2011.

Hey,

I have a project that's going to require doing nice outlines of people in 140 images... (was planning on doing it in Photoshop...)

Is there any shortcuts you can recommend?

Would it be a good idea to get a Pen/Tablet?

Thanks!

kumocorp, Apr 15, 2011 IP
  2. FallenShadow

FallenShadow Active Member

Best Answers:
    I've only ever used a pen and tablet once, but if you're comfortable using it, it can be helpful. I use the pentool, it's the easiest way to get clean cut images. Don't try using the magic wand or anything because you'll end up with choppy, unclean and unprofessional looking images and they will just look amateurish. Which turns people away.

Just practice using the pentool and following the outlines or the person. I also recommend that when you do, don't follow the exact outline of the person. Zoom in, approx 500-800x (depending on the image) and pentool 1-2 pixels inside the outline. It'll clear up and make sure you don't have bad outlines.

FallenShadow, Apr 16, 2011 IP
  3. buccu

buccu Peon

Best Answers:
    ummbb, sy never get a job like you, I just pray that you can finish it properly. :) nice job

buccu, Apr 21, 2011 IP