1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

OS Commerce Install Help Needed!

Discussion in 'Content Management' started by thedarkest1666, Aug 6, 2008.

Hi All, (Mods - I have checked all forums and believe this is appropriate place to post, if not, please move, and my apologies if this is in the wrong place).

I recently set up a server and domain for a friend and have attempted to install OS Commerce. Everything seemed to install absolutely fine.

Once the installation had completed I was prompted with the successful install screen.

Now you have two options - click on catalog and click on administrator.

If you click to administer your store, you get taken to the backend no problem and everything seems to work just fine.

When you click on catalog (which is the path to the store set up with oscommerce install) mysite.co.uk/catalog/index.php

it cannot find this file. I have checked the server, and no index file exists. So it's looking for a file that maybe it should have installed during the install process?!

Can anybody help.

Here's a link to the page and you can click on the button to see the error...

http://www.dandycandy.co.uk/catalog/install/

I hope somebody can help me out here, as Im puzzeled!

Many thanks in advance

A

thedarkest1666, Aug 6, 2008 IP