1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Outsourcing work - your experiences

Discussion in 'General Business' started by eatinfish, Apr 10, 2010.

What are people's general experiences on this?

I have found best results when I contact a provider on a forum.

I have had pretty poor results so far from various freelancer sites...even when I spend a long time researching the right provider, going for someone with good ratings & ensuring the job description is accurate.

Recently I have had 3 "urgent" project with numerous replies on a well known freelance site yet so far none have been completed and one "5 star" freelancer just ceased to communicate.

I'de like to build up a reputable profile on a site to give reassurance to providers however my experience so far has shown me much better results simply using forums like this!

eatinfish, Apr 10, 2010 IP
  2. Luca26

Luca26 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I've never had a good experience outsourcing actual work. I can't see to get the quality of service that I expect. Yet for outsourcing simple task like banner creation it's been good!

Luca26, Apr 10, 2010 IP
  3. howinfo

howinfo Peon

Best Answers:
    I have to agree with eatfish, I have also found some good quality outsourcers from forums like this one.
    I have also used guru.com with some good results, but it is bit too expensive.

howinfo, Apr 10, 2010 IP
  4. micheallatour

micheallatour Peon

Best Answers:
    It really depends on what you need outsourced. Articles, and graphics isn't a problem to me, since I know both
    well enough to get by. I've had some good experiences outsourcing some of my advertising work...contacting people, craigslist posting ect.

micheallatour, Apr 10, 2010 IP
  5. asiraj_67

asiraj_67 Peon

Best Answers:
    Sir,
    Outsourcing has been always a boon for both i.e. buyer and provider. The satisfaction of both depends upon the quality of both the person. Ousourcing allows us to choose the best not only from our locality but from all over the world. I think outsourcing do not bind anyone to anyone who is not up to your expectations. I as a freelance article writer have always worked with good people and also they never make a complaint of my work and attitude.
    Regards,

asiraj_67, Apr 10, 2010 IP
  6. Noahdeck

Noahdeck Guest

Best Answers:
    I'm on your side. It's always upon good choices and having enough attention to find for the real, effective team to help you work on your internet business. It does take time to find them plus the systems to help you track their performances and achievements so there's nothing considered as "not paying the price". Still, you should be there to "eye" on them in a regular basis even if you've already given them the tasks which also lie on their expertise.

Noahdeck, Apr 11, 2010 IP
  7. clouisdhon

clouisdhon Peon

Best Answers:
    how much would advertising go for normally?

clouisdhon, Apr 11, 2010 IP
  8. Pat_McKittrick

Pat_McKittrick Peon

Best Answers:
    Still finding my way around with the various online efforts I am making, my single "outsourcing" experience to date has only been with Custom Lens Crafters.
    I'm not interested in learning a dozen new trades and technologies so I can go about doing "my business", but I'm not rich already yet either,so I needed an effective, affordable solution.
    With some basic information and specifics about what I do, they had my webpage up by end of day. And it's mine for life, fully adjustable. Now, I liked that a lot!
    You can find them here. Good luck! .squidoo.com/Fast_Custom_Lenses

Pat_McKittrick, Apr 12, 2010 IP
  9. georgiivanov

georgiivanov Member

Best Answers:
    Have you red about "Project Triangle" on Wikipedia?

URL="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Project_triangle"]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Project_triangle[/URL]

georgiivanov, Apr 13, 2010 IP
  10. adisolutions

adisolutions Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    i am about to start my web design business (again). i am good when it comes to talking to people and doing the graphic design part but i really don't like to code\css. i also don't have enough time to learn it and get the site done myself. so, that is the reason why i'm looking to outsource the css part but am afraid if my expectations are going to be met.

i guess at some point i have to risk it and give it a try and i the first person doesn't impress me i have to move on.

adisolutions, Apr 13, 2010 IP
  11. Pat_McKittrick

Pat_McKittrick Peon

Best Answers:
    I could suggest you look up a member here, " SEO Writter", he's fast and very efficient.

Pat_McKittrick, Apr 13, 2010 IP
  12. joebert

joebert Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Amazon mTurk is nice for some stuff.

joebert, Apr 14, 2010 IP
  13. lukeg32

lukeg32 Peon

Best Answers:
    Many freelance sites are a waste of time, ive found, i have had much better success from building a relationship with someone offering their services on a forum.

You generally pay more but "you get what you pay for" springs to mind.

Of course, the other route is, assuming you outsource enough, to get your own VA.

lukeg32, Apr 14, 2010 IP
  14. ThoughtPunk

ThoughtPunk Active Member

Best Answers:
    It's very important to only outsource to specific countries. I won't publicly mention any country names where horrible content comes from, although there are many people who do provide quality work. But I will say workers in the Philippines are killer. Their work ethic is great and their pride is top notch. They also love steady work.

I have only had good experiences with people in the Philippines. Props to them.

ThoughtPunk, Apr 15, 2010 IP
  15. ThoughtPunk

ThoughtPunk Active Member

Best Answers:
    Yes it is, including quick content.

ThoughtPunk, Apr 15, 2010 IP