1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Own a .EDU subdirectory, how should I monetize it?

Discussion in 'General Business' started by mikegseo, Feb 2, 2011.

Hey guys, i was hoping to get some opinions on how to make some money off of part of a .edu site that I control. I have my own subdirectory on a prominent PR7 edu site and I am able to create as many new subdirectories or static html pages that I want. I want to monetize this in some way, since I know that edu links have quite a bit of value. Awhile ago I created some static html pages with content that relates to my website, and then linked to my site from the pages and it had a great impact on serps. Basically I want to sell links from this edu site to other people, but I dont know how I should go about it.

I figure I can either 1) sell just plain html pages to people, and let them put whatever content and links they want on the page, or 2) create a wordpress blog in my subdirectory, and then try to raise the PR over time and sell blogposts and blogrolls from that.

What do you guys think?

mikegseo, Feb 2, 2011 IP
  2. Steve Marino

Steve Marino Peon

Best Answers:
    I suspect that .edu pages have a lot less value than they used to do. Conversely I also suspect that a lot of people still value them highly which should be good for you. I would be careful about people putting whatever content they like - that might come back to bite you at some point in the future.

It's a good scheme, though - I admire your inventiveness.

Steve Marino, Feb 2, 2011 IP