1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Paid Twitter ads: Do or Don't?

Discussion in 'Social Networks' started by lilc800, Jul 25, 2013.

Hey guys,

I'm not sure if many of you know but twitter now offers paid ads (has been around for a little while now) to all of twitter users even the small guys can get in on it (it used to be for big companies).

Twitter provides you with many targeting options such as
    -Country
    -Followers of a user
    -device
    You promote a tweet that you feel represents your company.

You can pay when a User: (using "bid" system)
    -clicks on tweet, tweets, favs, or replies
    or
    When users follow you

Has anyone Tried this? Any success? It seems like a great way to advertise if you target the right audience. Seems like it would be easy to go "viral" using the right tools.

lilc800, Jul 25, 2013 IP
  2. gregorymark

gregorymark Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    it works if your target demo is posting on twitter, and you know how to market well. It shouldn't be used as a billboard imo.

gregorymark, Jul 26, 2013 IP
  3. Mike Carroll

Mike Carroll Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I second the billboard comment. Don't just be buying ads to simply get yourself out. Try cultivating relationships first then gradually start asking for sponsors from some of these people (ie could you retweet my tweet, etc).

Mike Carroll, Jul 27, 2013 IP
  4. Slincon

Slincon Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I'd say don't - if you have to pay people to tweet your messages or see them, then you're doing a disservice to your social media marketing. The idea is to get people interested in you and your brand without having to pay to get their attention. If you pay, you'll end up with fly-by-night followers that are likely not paying attention to your messages.

Slincon, Jul 27, 2013 IP
  5. aNejma

aNejma Active Member

Best Answers:
    I never tried this but i think it will bring people to fellow you but with time you will find those people are not interested to what you tweet and they wont be active but if you do it alone and you get people realy interested in what you tweet or share that's the job bro they will retweet and replies your tweets for free and bring you more fellowers interested to what you tweets :)
    sorry for my english but i did my best to help lol

aNejma, Jul 27, 2013 IP
  6. BigDavesmile

BigDavesmile Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    if you are thinking about short term project and goal then you should go for it, the virality and the snowball effect make it definitely worth trying since you can cover up really good amount of ground within short time and minimal efforts.

If you're thinking about long term then do it manually :)

BigDavesmile, Aug 10, 2013 IP
  7. BRITTANEY86

BRITTANEY86 Banned

Best Answers:
    I have't checked on it yet,its sound like something cool.
    I will try out with it,Thanks for the information.
    Cheers!

BRITTANEY86, Aug 10, 2013 IP
  8. Dionne Taylor

Dionne Taylor Active Member

Best Answers:
    DONT! Tried it out and lost money, got 0 clicks.

Dionne Taylor, Aug 18, 2013 IP
  9. kaospilot

kaospilot Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    You should go with it. Recently I've done few researches and found out that paid tweets seriously impacted sales for big guys. I haven't tried it yet, but I totally will. Especially it can work out for a short time run. I'll post here about my experience with paid twitter campaign later.

kaospilot, Aug 19, 2013 IP
  10. jayaic

jayaic Active Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    Used it in the past. I would say before you decide to use it, understand the audience first. We found that most of our target used Twitter more as a place to find assistance then shopping, so when a hard sales message was promoted into their stream they were actually more vocally upset about it then other types of social marketing. What really worked for us is when we promoted blog posts onto Twitter. Since the blog posts were with "How-To" types of posts or industry related discussions, it pushed the CTR up and brought us visitors from outside our original target audience as it was re-tweeted.

jayaic, Aug 19, 2013 IP
  11. John_Corner

John_Corner Peon

Best Answers:
    I didn't use this technique for promoting my business, I've just use re tweeting way to promote my business and I think it's sufficient for me.

John_Corner, Nov 29, 2013 IP