1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Parking a Domain...is it worth it?..OK, what the heck is it(lol..newbie!!)

Discussion in 'Content Management' started by mustard, Jul 13, 2008.

(I hate being a Peon!!)

I have a few, what I think, are really good domain names. Once I relearn Dreamweaver I will have them up and running. In the meantime...what does it mean to park it?...(probably going to use HostGator for my sites)

-Is there a monthly fee..why would I spend 10 bucks a month and not make money??...or can you do it for free if you already have an account?

-Can I decide what goes on these pages??

-I'm really thinking, if it's parked...well, wouldn't it be to my benefit to just put stuff up there that will have something to do with my site in general and then link to it?

As you can see...I don't know what the heck I'm talking about. I do apologize...it's just sooooo much easier to ask instead of spending a gazillion hours trying to figure this out!!
    thanks!

mustard, Jul 13, 2008 IP
  2. Phynom Technologies

Phynom Technologies Peon

Best Answers:
    Hello Mustard,

Parking your Domain means that you change your nameservers and you let a company deal with the content.

It is when you see a page that has the domain and a bunch of links.

Your registrar should give let you park your domain for free.

Hope this helps!

Phynom Technologies, Jul 14, 2008 IP
  3. athletec64

athletec64 Peon

Best Answers:
    Only worth it if you have a domain that actually gets traffic. If you have it, then you need to find a parking program, such as parked or sedopro or something.

There is no monthly fee, only at godaddy, which has the worst parking program in the world.

athletec64, Jul 15, 2008 IP