1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Paying $5 for someone at Fiverr with X amount of followers

Discussion in 'Social Networks' started by pachecus, Jul 23, 2013.

Hey, I am just curious, do you guys trust these Twitter/Facebook on Fiverr that offers their service where they have let's say 10 k+ followers, and they'll tweet/post about your site?

I always have in mind that their followers are probably fake or bots, but I'm not sure.

I'm interested in hearing what you guys think and what experiences you've had.

pachecus, Jul 23, 2013 IP
  2. Danielle Faith

Danielle Faith Active Member

Best Answers:
    Unless they are specifically in your niche IE: Music or something, pass on it - its not worth it.

Danielle Faith, Jul 23, 2013 IP
  3. charmedcharlee

charmedcharlee Peon

Best Answers:
    I think you have to be careful with some of the FB groups that say there are x amount in that group because in the past I have found that these groups are made up of people doing the similar thing so in a sense it becomes a group of advertisers.

charmedcharlee, Jul 26, 2013 IP
  4. Oliver russo

Oliver russo Member

Best Answers:
    I don't think that they are scammed. I make ton's of $$ form fiverr and in my thought fiverr is best place to get services. Highly recommend to all

Oliver russo, Jul 29, 2013 IP
  5. Nathan Franklin

Nathan Franklin Member

Best Answers:
    It's the same with any service offered on the internet. There will always be good, bad and amazing services on fiverr. Your best bet is to drop them a message asking what their Twitter/Facebook is and taking a look through their followers. Sometime you will be able to see that they are blatantly fake (no picture ect.), some will have followers that are't active but some of them will have great & real followers.

You just have to put the time in checking them out first :)

Nathan Franklin, Jul 29, 2013 IP
  6. woits

woits Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    can get alot. but worthless followers

woits, Jul 30, 2013 IP
  7. ksbharath86

ksbharath86 Active Member

Best Answers:
    I would not recommend it, likes are tweets are things which should come naturally.

ksbharath86, Jul 31, 2013 IP
  8. Alrik Vincent

Alrik Vincent Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Hi Pachecus

Make sure they are in the same niche
    Before you buy a gig in Fiverr for a facebook post or a twitter post, make sure you ask them of a link to their page. If they refuse to give you one, then don't buy from them. One thing to look for is whether the facebook page or twitter profile is in the niche you are targeting. That is why many people say Fiverr advertisement is worthless because these pages are usually not a targeted niche. If you are in a man body building niche and if you get tweets or facebook posts in a profile or page which is in the female beauty niche, then you are not going to benefit at all from it. It doesnt have to be such a sharp contrast in niche, but try to have at least some similarity in niche before you buy those gigs.

Check the demographic
    The other thing to keep in mind before purchasing such gigs is to ensure that you ask for the demographic of the fans for that facebook page. This does not apply for twitter. Page admins can easily get this by going to their page insights. See if the demographic is the one you are targeting. See if the majority of the fans are in the right age group and if the majority of the fans are in the country you are targeting. A fan page might have 1 Million fans but if the 999,999 fans of that page are from China who don't speak English that well, then you are throwing away good money. So it is not only important that you check if the niche matches but also ensure it is the target demographic.

A better and cheaper solution - Facebook Ads
    Now let me warn you before hand that finding gigs on Fiverr matching all the critiera is going to be a futile task. It will be very hard to find a profile or page in your niche. A better use of your money would be to put facebook ads. Spend the same $5 and nothing more. Run a CPM ad. DONT use CPC ads. Use a good image and link to your facebook page. Be very specific on the audience you target. Like very very specific. One good thing about Facebook ads is this. If you are targeting 10,000 people who liked certain pages, then the chances are if you are able to convert at least 10% of them, then you will have a 1000 likes. Don't worry about the number of people you are targeting as the more targeted they are, the higher the conversion into likes. Say you have a page about Brownies, put an ad with a picture of a brownie. It should be a CPM ad. Then put a message along with it like, "Click like if you find this brownie juicy". Try different texts and see which converts. Stick with the best. You will get a like for as low as $0.0025 if you really targeted and optimized your ads. They will be from real people who will engage with your website. Make sure you link to your facebook page and not anything else like an external website. This is because when you link to a page, a person has to just click the like button in the news feed on the top, and they instantly become a fan. You can later promote other stuff to these fans by just posting on your facebook page. This is better value for money.

My Story
    I have a facebook page which I grew 100% naturally without any paid advertisement. So there is a high level of engagement in my facebook page. I sold posts on my page by creating gigs in Fiverr and that made me close to $60 from that one gig. But my gig was worthless to my customers because they were all in different niches. I just took down the gig after that, even though my customers were nice enough to give me 100% positive rating. If you want exposure for a video or images, without wanting people to click through to a website, then using gigs likes this, especially on facebook will be useful. But otherwise, you wont find it useful. You are better off sticking with facebook ads. Better ROI.

I hope this was helpful.

Alrik Vincent, Aug 3, 2013 IP
  9. matt_62

matt_62 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    i tried this once with someone on fiverr that had 30k followers. I had 0 clicks in the following 72hours. It was a waste of a promotion. It wasnt, "oh they didnt like the product", no, there were no clicks. Still they showed proof that they had tweeted and that they had followers.

I would love to re-try this in the future but clearly not on fiver. I really think that alot of the people that tweet / post any crap for $5, probly dont have legit followers... I am sure that there might be better results with people that have smaller groups, (targeting products / ads specific to the interests of the specific group), and that have legit followers, and where the followers aren't bombarded 24/7

matt_62, Aug 3, 2013 IP
  10. Will Tribe

Will Tribe Member

Best Answers:
    Don't trust them it never converts, and its usually bots

Will Tribe, Aug 4, 2013 IP
  11. Adam.jack

Adam.jack Active Member

Best Answers:
    Never has any investment on Fiverr been worth it apart from the graphics/video gigs. I seriously suggest taking a look at SEO-Centre.co.uk - Okay, they are not the most cheapest BUT they provide ONLY QUALITY. So if you are looking for quality, unfortunately you'll need to spend a lot more than $5! :)

Adam.jack, Aug 5, 2013 IP
  12. Adam.jack

Adam.jack Active Member

Best Answers:
    Honestly. If they're selling them for $5 they are not worth it. I have used Fiverr many times as many of us around here have and it's a waste of time. $5 is nothing - The only benefit you'll get is a 2-5 week time frame of the amount of followers you have who by the way are not even real. They'll drop back to the original amount of followers you began with (in most cases). For SEO avoid Fiverr. Ask any expert around here and he will tell you the same. (unless they work on Fiverr)

If you are looking for engaging followers/facebook 'likes' i would always advise you go get targeted unique people who are most likely to engage in your content/products and share your business - Anything other than this is simply rubbish imho.

Adam.jack, Aug 7, 2013 IP
  13. BigDavesmile

BigDavesmile Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    they usually use the bots as long as I have heard but if you have an extra $5 to spend and test for your self, then it won't hurt :)

BigDavesmile, Aug 10, 2013 IP