1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Pen name in IM

Discussion in 'General Business' started by SuperRocketMisterMagic, Sep 7, 2013.

?

are you using a pen name

1. yes - often/always

1 vote(s)
    25.0%
  2. yes - sometimes

3 vote(s)
    75.0%
  3. no

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
    what do you thing about using pen names in online business?
    it can make some things simpler … you don’t need to worry about getting people confused by seeing you operating in different niches, also separating business and personal social network profiles from different niches, or preventing to my whole life, business and stuff being google-able would make me feel better…
    but if i’d like to respond to people with email and communicate with others … and sell my own stuff … doesn't it make thinks more difficult technically? what about paypal accounts, emails etc? how does it work? always

SuperRocketMisterMagic, Sep 7, 2013 IP
  2. cronik

cronik Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    When I am directly selling a service or product made by me, I think I have to use my real name. However, when I am creating blogs, websites, web 2.0's, etc - I will then use a pen name so my real name isn't all over the Internet publishing info on random niches. When it comes to social media, I always use my real name or I change my real name slightly.. with some niches, I don't really want my friends and family knowing everything I write about. I have multiple twitters, but only one FB and its with my real name. When it comes to business, people will see my name on PayPal when I send an invoice or money request, so it doesn't make sense to lie about my real name. I'm too afraid people will think something suspicious if they find out I used a false name.

cronik, Sep 8, 2013 IP
  3. CandleKeep

CandleKeep Active Member

Best Answers:
    Depends that I'm doing.

In many cases it's practical.

In some instances? It's definitely wise to use a pen name.

The notion of identity theft alone is mind boggling. (Identity theft is a billion dollar problem in USA alone, and can be quite frustrating to resolve on an individual level).

And do you really want your crazy high school friends following you around on the Internet?

No thanks.

:)

CandleKeep, Sep 9, 2013 IP
  4. ron99

ron99 Peon

Best Answers:
    Nothing wrong for using a pen name for all the reasons already mentioned. It's also makes a business more salable if it's not all about you.

Ron

ron99, Sep 11, 2013 IP