1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

People ever tell you to get a real job?

Discussion in 'General Business' started by MrX, Aug 12, 2006.

1. olddocks

olddocks Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Good to know that you dont kiss your boss ass anymore.

olddocks, Mar 13, 2009 IP
  2. ddzc

ddzc Peon

Best Answers:
    My dream is to quit my job and work for myself full time on my sites. When I tell people that i'm earning some side cash on the internet, automatically they assume that i'm scamming people. I get that a lot..quite annoying..not sure if anyone else gets similar responses.

ddzc, Mar 13, 2009 IP
  3. ddzc

ddzc Peon

Best Answers:
    CONGRATS :)

ddzc, Mar 13, 2009 IP
  4. dangregory

dangregory Peon

Best Answers:
    I'm pretty much unemployable in the traditional sense at this point, which is fine by me. Graduated with a journalism degree right at the time when the dot.com crash happened (so boom went all those high priced media and dot.com jobs for writers.) Worked at a couple of office jobs and felt I was living in the Matrix, a place I didn't want to be. It just isn't natural for the human body to a) stay stuck in an office with poor air circulation, no ability to open windows, often no sunlight if you're not near a nice window b) have to basically "ask" to use the bathroom if you're managing phones for people c) stay on a rigid schedule with no days off if you're sick or have an appointment or want to hook up with friends for a long lunch and d) your pay doesn't change. Even with promotions or cost of living increases you're lucky to clear an extra hundred take home a month.

Its all a bunch of bull poop. And the herd manages itself, shaming you if you dont' buy into the life script.

I don't do life script. I have a jazz trio and we make good money working weird hours like weekends and evenings, with lots of time off. Then I do my affiliate marketing and ebook publishing when I'm around during the week - and I don't work at all if I decide to do something else that day.

Between my two "jobs" - well, income streams - I make really good money now, and I would never have seen that on the journalism/office job track - EVER. Even the high paid premier journalists at newspapers are all losing their jobs now. So the real job security is in not having a job - just learning how to bring products to market, sell them, or drive traffic to other people's products. If you can master this the world is your oyster.

dangregory, Mar 13, 2009 IP
  5. Coby DuBose

Coby DuBose Peon

Best Answers:
    You're certainly right about the journalism field. Things are uggg-lee right now, with papers (big ones, even) closing down and more in the offing. When you've got the San Fran Chronicle, the Rocky Mountain News, and NY Daily News closing down in the same year, look out.

Coby DuBose, Mar 13, 2009 IP
  6. jeancarlohim

jeancarlohim Guest

Best Answers:
    Real job? this IS! a realy job. you work hard, make money in an honest way. thats a job. oh... and if you say this in latin america they think you are lying or something... they are just ignorants... and they better stay as ignorants... that means less competition and more market for Jean :)

jeancarlohim, May 10, 2010 IP
  7. teckinik

teckinik Peon

Best Answers:
    I hear this all the time and know I have programmed my brains cells to ignore these annoying messages.

teckinik, May 12, 2010 IP
  8. teckinik

teckinik Peon

Best Answers:
    You gotta ignore such suckers man. Always keep distance from such miserable people who always blame other for their stupid life. And you can use this magical phrase to annoy her "They Took Our Jobs"

9. teckinik

teckinik Peon

Best Answers:
    Yeah the more irritating is even when I am making more money online than I could make by doing any job people still irritates me by saying "Get a real job man".

10. teckinik

teckinik Peon

Best Answers:
    Yeah Why make someone else rich when you can make yourself rich working for yourself.

11. etc

etc Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    yes.i've been asked about this a million times. but i concider being a webmaster a business.

etc, May 12, 2010 IP
  12. lukefowell89

lukefowell89 Peon

Best Answers:
    I hear this from people all the time. Do not agree, they dont realise the work it takes to run your own business

lukefowell89, May 12, 2010 IP