1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Personal blog suggestions

Discussion in 'General Business' started by baseless, Aug 19, 2014.

Hi,
    I have a personal blog and it has all the unique content. I haven't added any ad-sense to it yet. Initially i want to get the good amount of traffic to my blog. I don't know much about SEO optimization. Can anyone suggest me some free eBook or links so that i can learn. I have very much less traffic at the max 7-8 daily.
    Please suggest

Last edited: Aug 19, 2014
    baseless, Aug 19, 2014 IP
  2. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    The unique content doesn't matter much anymore as it used to when it comes to SEO. There's really nothing anyone can come up with that somebody else has not already written about. Chances are the search engines will ignore your unique content.

Instead of trying SEO tricks, get your blog out onto all social media sites. Tweet daily, post some pins on Pinterest, advertise on G+ advertising pages (it has plenty of advertising communities to post on).

I am not totally against SEO, but in its majority the SEO business is full of scam artists. So use caution when you listen to someone promising you to bring a ton of traffic to your blog. They are point-blank lying. Also don't try to get a bunch of backlinks as, if anything, it may get your blog penalized and it won't see the light of day ever.

qwikad.com, Aug 19, 2014 IP
  3. talktotop

talktotop Member

Best Answers:
    Hi,

The SEO optimization entails having proper on page seo optimization when writing your articles. You need to understand the nitty gritty of on page optimization and this will serve as a guide and template with which you write your articles. You optimize as you write your article and not the other way round.

The checklist for the on page optimization are as follows:

On Page SEO
    • Ensure that your article length is at least 500 words and are unique and of extreme high quality
    • Your main keyword is included in the title
    • The keyword is also included in at least one sub headline (H2 or H3)
    • The keyword(s) is repeated within the article but you must ensure there is a natural flow
    • Relevant images is included within the article with the appropriate alt tags used
    After so much effort had been put in place in ensuring that your articles are well optimized, you then need to start driving traffic to the site and create an online presence.

Search for forums that have high traffic in your niche and post consistently and regularly in such forums. Most times after a while, you are allowed to include links in your signatures. When you leave highly informative comments in the forum, people will always want to check you out. So that you dont burn out, concentrate on 2 for a start. The signature linking varies from forum to forum.

Blog commenting: Look for high page rank with much traffic blogs in your niche. Keep tab on these blogs and ensure that you are are always the first person to comment. Let your comments be highly informative and long.

Also check out this post here: https://forums.digitalpoint.com/threads/sick-and-tired-of-facebook-any-alternatives.2730054/#post-19023566 and this http://backlinko.com/on-page-seo. Copy and paste this link in your browser.

Hope this helps

Last edited: Aug 19, 2014
    talktotop, Aug 19, 2014 IP
  4. George Peirson

George Peirson Active Member

Best Answers:
    One more thing to keep in mind when writing your articles or blog posts, the new Hummingbird algorithm from Google is designed to find Expert Authority sites. One of the techniques Google uses is that they now try to rate the vocabulary of the article. Any expert in a field will naturally use a vocabulary related to the field. So targeting a keyword or two in an article is no longer enough, you need to make sure you are using other words related to your keywords as well, and not just synonyms. A simple example, if I am reviewing a digital camera my keyword might be the brand name and model of the camera. If I am an expert talking about that camera chances are that I will mention other words in my discussion such as focal length, ASA rating, shutter speed, flash, SLR, aperture, etc.

So, Google is now looking to determine what an article is about and then the expert level of that article. Since this will all be done using computer tests against a word database they will be looking for word count of words related to the main keywords. This is why the above advice is accurate, in a longer word article you are more likely to use more words that relate to your keyword. The new rule of the day is to come up with your keywords and then come up with a longer list of other words that are related to those keywords that an expert might use when discussing your topic. You don't have to actually be an expert, but you should sound like one. (being an expert won't hurt, time for more study)

George Peirson, Aug 19, 2014 IP
  5. baseless

baseless Peon

Best Answers:
    It might mean silly but how do i search keywords and where do i put in my blog
    i am using blogspot.com site

baseless, Aug 20, 2014 IP
  6. Information Overload

Information Overload Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Here's a very informative and somewhat unique approach to doing keyword research try it at your own risk :D
    http://www.warriorforum.com/search-engine-optimization/979311-my-secret-formula-keyword-research.html
    Hope this helps!

Information Overload, Aug 20, 2014 IP
  7. George Peirson

George Peirson Active Member

Best Answers:
    The main place now to put your keywords is in your blog posts. Basically think of the one word or two words that best describes what your post is about. That is your main keyword. Make sure that you focus on that keyword when writing your blog post. This doesn't mean that you put that word a bunch of times in your post, that will no longer work on Google. But you need to stay focused on the topic of the blog post and keeping the keyword in mind will help you do that. Next you need to think of other words that are related to your keyword and see if you are using those in your blog post as well. Keep in mind that Google is no longer looking to see how many times a keyword is used on a page, instead their new Hummingbird algorithm attempts to figure out what the page is about based upon all the content on the page (is the page an authority page). To do this you need to use the language of an authority, of course this means really knowing your subject, after all if you really don't know your subject you should not be writing a blog about it anyway.

You will want to have your main keyword sprinkled around a bit to help Google out, just don't overdo it like SEO used to do in the past. I would make sure that at least your blog post title uses your keyword, Your keyword is mentioned once towards the beginning of your blog, one link on the page uses your keyword, at least one image name uses your keyword, at least one alt tag for your image uses your keyword, at least one caption on the page uses your keyword, etc. One use in each place should guarantee that Google understands your keyword, but again don't overdo this or the Google Panda will get you. It is better now to make sure you use a good selection of words that are related to your main keyword in your blog posts.

We are all still trying to figure out exactly the formula that will get past Panda and still have a good effect on Hummingbird, so I would love to hear from anyone else on this forum who has more insight into the new "expert authority" approach that Google is now taking.

As for researching keywords the usual techniques still apply (Google Keyword Planner, Google search suggestions, YouTube search suggestions, Amazon search suggestions, other online keyword tools, etc.) The real difference now is in how you use those keywords and the increased importance of other words that relate to your main keyword.

George Peirson, Aug 20, 2014 IP
  8. baseless

baseless Peon

Best Answers:
    Very clear George..Thank you everyone!

baseless, Aug 20, 2014 IP