1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Photo organising software

Discussion in 'Photoshop' started by smartcard, Apr 27, 2007.

I tried Google's Picasa software which is very good, but it is consuming lot of hard drive space.

Is there any similar free photo organizing software, what I mainly need is a software that can scan my disk and combine all the images.

smartcard, Apr 27, 2007 IP
  2. mok123

mok123 Peon

Best Answers:
    hi,
    you can try photoshop album, it's free and it does what you're looking for.

mok123, Apr 27, 2007 IP
  3. timsdd

timsdd Peon

Best Answers:
    that one is listed here: http://www.snapfiles.com/Freeware/gmm/fwgcatalog.html

looks like a nice run down on severals apps. I'd hope that you could find one good one in the list here! :)

timsdd, Apr 27, 2007 IP
  4. mng026

mng026 Peon

Best Answers:
    I use kodak software that came with my camera. It is available for download.. Just google, kodak software....

mng026, Apr 28, 2007 IP
  5. edy

edy Peon

Best Answers:
    edy, Apr 29, 2007 IP
  6. Forrest

Forrest Peon

Best Answers:
    Irfanview is incredibly popular, and understands just about every file format under the sun. Exifer is another great tool for managing digital photos by the folderful.

I'm starting to like Adobe Bridge quite a bit; it's a little slow but understands RAW files from my camera, and integrated really well with Photoshop. If you already have Photoshop 7+ you have Bridge, too, and should check it out. If not, this is an expensive road to go down.

Breeze Browser is really good and shareware, so about halfway in between.

[​IMG]

Forrest, Apr 30, 2007 IP
  7. pstone

pstone Peon

Best Answers:
    Stop the search. Here comes ACDSee. The best one so far. You won't go wrong on this one.

pstone, Apr 30, 2007 IP
  8. shuttle

shuttle Active Member

Best Answers:
    another one for the almighty ACDSee

shuttle, Apr 30, 2007 IP
  9. timsdd

timsdd Peon

Best Answers:
    I also use ACDSee and love it but did not include it b/c he was looking for a free solution!

which version of ACDSee does everyone use currently. I have 8. The only thing that seriously bugs me is that it takes forever to scroll through CR2 (Canon RAW files). 1.62 seconds on avg....:mad: :mad:

timsdd, Apr 30, 2007 IP
  10. Forrest

Forrest Peon

Best Answers:
    RAW files take a lot of processing. And CR2 implies a fairly high rez body. Do other programs deal with lots of thumbnails / scrolling better when you shoot all RAW?

You might get things to run a little faster if you rebalance I/O across your drives? Or you could shoot RAW + Small Jpeg.

Forrest, Apr 30, 2007 IP
  11. timsdd

timsdd Peon

Best Answers:
    Yeah, plus they are 10MP files so I guess I shouldn't expect lightning fast results.

BUT, Adobe Lightroom renders them as least twice as fast. Or at least does it in a way that doesn't make you as irritated.

I should do like you said with + small jpg or just develop them as such just for quicker viewing purposes!

timsdd, Apr 30, 2007 IP