1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Photo primer

Discussion in 'Photoshop' started by meniscus, Apr 1, 2008.

Need help understanding photo sizing. I shot a photo of my product and brought into Photoshop. I also snagged a similar product of the right size off another web site and brought it into Photoshop to compare.

The Similar product was about 400 px wide so I sized my photo to 400 px wide but my photo shrank to about 1/4 the size of the similar item.

What am I missing for the correct sizing? Does it have to do with the distance the camera was from the item being shot? Other??

TIA

Mark

meniscus, Apr 1, 2008 IP
  2. eruct

eruct Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    It sounds like you might need to crop your image to get a similar ratio to the one you are trying to match.
    There is a crop tool in Photoshop so just use that to crop your image so you remove any extra/ un-needed background. Make sure you save the cropped image with a different name so you can always start with the original if need be.
    After your image is cropped, resize to what you need being careful not to distort it.

eruct, Apr 1, 2008 IP
  3. Kerosene

Kerosene Alpha & Omega™ Staff

Best Answers:
    You might also want to check that both images are using the same dpi. For web images, they should both be 72dpi.

You can change the dpi of an image by screwing around with the Image > Image Size menu.

Kerosene, Apr 2, 2008 IP