1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Photoshop and Utorrent Logo

Discussion in 'Photoshop' started by NovruzeliH, Jan 11, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    These are just two, logos i decided to make for fun, please tell me how you think they look ? i need your ratings on these.... thanks...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

please comment...

NovruzeliH, Jan 11, 2009 IP
  2. Redders

Redders Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Second one is the best but both are very large.

First one very basic and stroke around text looks poor.

Second one is nicer. Not so much the text but the actual button itself is nice.

keep going!

Redders, Jan 11, 2009 IP
  3. NovruzeliH

NovruzeliH Peon

Best Answers:
    well i am planning on opening a site, so i will be using the second one :) for the logo.

4. innovati

innovati Peon

Best Answers:
    I will be frank here. This seems like showing a painting advertising Microsoft Word. This isn't what Photoshop is designed to do!

Photoshop, much as the name suggests, is designed to be a pixel-based photographic manipulation program. The entire goal is to take and edit continuous tone images in raster formats.

Here, you have text (vector) and gradients and simple geometric shapes (done with vectors in photoshop) yet they are rendered through a grid of pixels because Photoshop is a bitmap editor.

Now, you might say: well, Photoshop CAN design these images using output from vector paths, so it's justified. But Adobe didn't stop with Photoshop - they went on and designed a very powerful vector program called Adobe Illustrator to make vector artwork.

When I see an image like this, I can't imagine not using Illustrator for it - especially if it has text on it. Photoshop was never designed for any serious type manipulation, and you don't even have the proper tools to edit the type. Illustrator has MUCH more type editing capabilities, and since the focal point of both of your images is type, I can't imagine why you'd use the wrong tool to design it, and the quality suffers for it.

You don't have to use the software you're advertising to make the buttons - I'd recommend if you want to improve your design, to learn Adobe Illustrator if you intend on creating these graphics, and graphics like this in the future. It will be well worth the (small) time it takes to learn it (and if you know Photoshop you already know 80% of Illustrator anyway).

Good luck to you, I'd love to see these re-made in Illustrator...

innovati, Jan 11, 2009 IP
  5. NovruzeliH

NovruzeliH Peon

Best Answers:
    uhmm thanks, for that info frank, yeah i got illustrator, installed, but havent touched it once yet, will give it a shot.

6. justcoolsam

justcoolsam Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I am agreed with innovati. AI is the best tool for Vector Images.

justcoolsam, Jan 11, 2009 IP
  7. solidstate

solidstate Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    the second one looks good to me, first one is so basic

solidstate, Jan 11, 2009 IP
  8. NovruzeliH

NovruzeliH Peon

Best Answers:
    well yeah, second one is adobe photosop logo, and im sure many of u heard of utorrent, thats how easy their logos look like. :D

NovruzeliH, Jan 12, 2009 IP
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.