1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Photoshop Clothing Models

Discussion in 'Photoshop' started by projectsclothing, Dec 19, 2008.

I have a website (for those who are interested http://www.projectsclothing.co.uk) andI'm wanting to improve the pictures on there. I've recently invested in a new camera and it's made the world of difference (have a look at the mens religion section for an example). However, I really like what these guys have done here http://www.coggles.com/store/item/Religion/69208 where the model has been cut out and the image looks like it's floating. I can't work out how it's been done without some serious photoshop work, I can't help thinking there's a easy method that I'm missing. Also, I want to guy more arty on the shots, or should I keep it as simple as possible. Your thoughts please guys and girls :)

projectsclothing, Dec 19, 2008 IP
  2. innovati

innovati Peon

Best Answers:
    the easiest way to cut out a person like that is either to use a green-screen (or blue screen) and there are plenty of tutorials for that, or to simply draw a silhouette of exactly what you want to cut out with the pen tool, and convert that path to a selection, invert the selection, and cute everything else out.

That way your person is cut out, and the edge is a consistent smooth line. Trying to magic wand it will give you jaggies on the edges - never a good thing.

innovati, Dec 20, 2008 IP
  3. ryuenplay

ryuenplay Member

Best Answers:
    Ive notice that some of the colors of the same catalogs doesnt appear to be consistent; some are lighter; some are more saturated. As for the floating effect you need to properly cut out the unwanted parts to produce the catalog you want. if you want to achieve a more professional look you should not use the magic wand, you need to be good in using the clipping path for best selection.

Ive done some samples of what you are looking for. The samples are from your catalogs and a I remake it.
    If you like my work just let me know. I can do it for you

Attached Files:

• 1.jpg
      1.jpg
      File size:
      91.2 KB
      Views:
    • 2.jpg
      2.jpg
      File size:
      92.2 KB
      Views:
    • 3.jpg
      3.jpg
      File size:
      94.7 KB
      Views:
    ryuenplay, Dec 29, 2008 IP
  4. innovati

innovati Peon

Best Answers:
    those are certainly nice edits - if this was my catalog I'd want your services!

innovati, Dec 29, 2008 IP