1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Photoshop CS2 Help

Discussion in 'Photoshop' started by SiteExpress, Jun 16, 2006.

OK, I know this will be something really really dumb, but after 2 days, I have resorted to asking for help.

I am trying to learn Photoshop CS2. I have been doing ok, until I started to mess with the Custom Shapes. I played around with different styles, and getting them to color fill when I created them. That all went fine. Except!!

Now when I want to make a simple rectangle, rounded rectangle, or oval, it auto fills with the foreground color, and creates a layer automatically. Also, in the layers pallet, I see the layer is linked to a vector mask.

how do I reverse what I have done? All I want is to be able to make a simple outlined rectangle, then select it and make it a layer if I choose.

Stop Laughing now please!. LOL

SiteExpress, Jun 16, 2006 IP
  2. intrinzik

intrinzik Peon

Best Answers:
    its just what photoshop does, your creating a new shape which puts in on a new layer. If you want a rectangle outline use the rectangle marquee tool. If you want a rounded rectangle as your selection i think you just make the shape alt or crlt click the layer and your done

intrinzik, Jun 16, 2006 IP
  3. SiteExpress

SiteExpress Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    When I used the rectangle marquee many times before, it only did an outline which I could select. Since I messed with the custom shapes, the rectangle margue autofills, and is a new layer. I cant even crop anymore. Something is off on a setting.

4. iKon

iKon Guest

Best Answers:
    If you just want an outline, maybe add a stroke and lower the fill level to 0?

iKon, Jun 16, 2006 IP
  5. SiteExpress

SiteExpress Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I figured it out!

I had "Shape Layers" selected, and needed to have "Paths" selected.