1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Photoshop CS3 on vista installing issues

Discussion in 'Photoshop' started by quite, Jun 22, 2007.

hey im trying to install the trial version of photoshop CS3 on my vista business laptop. Downloaded and extracted the files fine, but then when i double click set up it shows the setup small box, but then it jus disapears and my computer doesnt do anything else.

Anyone got any ideas on how to get it installed?

14 days ago i contacted adobe using asupport ticket and still no response so iv given up with their terrible customer service.

Hope anyone can help
    Thanks

quite, Jun 22, 2007 IP
  2. gigapromoters

gigapromoters Peon

Best Answers:
    I did had some troubles with installation too, it looked like it was stopped at <10%, but on my 4-5th try... I went to sleep. Next day, I woke up... and had a whole new Photoshop installed... :)

BTW, in your case.... make sure all your applications like browsers etc are closed while installation.

gigapromoters, Jun 22, 2007 IP
    quite likes this.
  3. ninjamuk

ninjamuk Peon

Best Answers:
    Quite, you're in luck :) I had the exact same problem no matter what I did until I did this...

http://www.computerworld.com/action...ewArticleBasic&articleId=9001970&pageNumber=1

That articles explains how to enable the Admin account on Vista. It is different than just having Admin privaledges. Once you enable that account and reboot, login as Admin and install all your CS3 programs.

Reboot, logon as your user account and enjoy CS3 :)

ninjamuk, Jun 22, 2007 IP
    quite likes this.
  4. quite

quite Peon

Best Answers:
    Fraid i couldnt get it to work, it still did the same thing it did even in the secret Administrator panel.

Any other ideas?

quite, Jun 23, 2007 IP
  5. birdsfly

birdsfly Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Maybe you have to run all the installers as admin (right-click run as admin) and install that way. Vista is such a pain in the ass, but if someone stole your computer at least they couldn't hack your files (or even get the rights to click a user button)....

birdsfly, Jun 23, 2007 IP
  6. quite

quite Peon

Best Answers:
    tried doing that.. right clicked, install as admin, i also tried extracting files again as admin, in safe mode, but still exactly the same issue!!?!!?!

quite, Jun 23, 2007 IP
  7. ninjamuk

ninjamuk Peon

Best Answers:
    Hmmm, I thought for sure that would fix it. If I run across another solution, I'll definitely post it.

Best of luck,

ninjamuk, Jun 23, 2007 IP
  8. ansi

ansi Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    well you could try actually purchasing the software. that usually helps. get someone who is a student to buy it for you if you cannot afford it. student discounts will knock off a couple hundred from the shelf price. piracy is a crime.

ansi, Jun 23, 2007 IP
  9. ninjamuk

ninjamuk Peon

Best Answers:
    ninjamuk, Jun 23, 2007 IP
  10. ansi

ansi Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    this is true and if you have taken this route, i apologize. i just don't care too much for people that download the software illegally. especially photoshop as i support Adobe 100%. maybe try downloading it again? in vista i would assume that you need to install it as administrator but i wont use vista so i don't know. and eh, i also apologize for jumping to assumptions. just don't prove me right.
    it's too early hehe. i am going to take my cranky ass back to bed now.

ansi, Jun 23, 2007 IP
  11. quite

quite Peon

Best Answers:
    No dont worry guys im not using pirated software.

I was downloading the photoshop CS3 trial version, to use for 30 days before i purchased a serial key. Just no point shedding out the costs straight away. I am a student, so i can purchase a student version, but buy downloading the trial, if it wont install, it is exactly the same version as a non-trial, because you input the product key once it is installed.

so guys any ideas?!

p.s. ansi, no offence taken!

quite, Jun 23, 2007 IP