1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Photoshop Designed Website

Discussion in 'Photoshop' started by mini_m, Nov 17, 2006.

Hello!

I would like to know if there are some helpful websites which could guide me through desining a website in Photoshop CS 2. In the past I simply used Dreamweaver templates but I would like to try something different this time and design a nice, clearer website.

Thanks!

mini_m, Nov 17, 2006 IP
  2. jayL

jayL Peon

Best Answers:
    Your quest is sort of broad. Photoshop can be used to design templates to use as a website, edit images to use for websites, create graphic to use for websites and most important of all, it can export your PSD file to an HTML based webpage but you will still need to have a little knowledge in coding to make it work.

You can trim it down to a smaller list or rather learn photoshop as much as you can and webdesigning will come in naturally with the right set of tutorials and experience.

jayL, Nov 17, 2006 IP
  3. Robert_Vining

Robert_Vining Peon

Best Answers:
    I agree with Jay on this as well.... the html output will be good to get you started, but you will still need to do all the filling in the holes with hand coded info.... I would start with a google search of Photoshop Website Tutorials and start reading. I have used dreamweaver to some extent as well, and often use photoshop for the pretty stuff and dreamweaver to add/move code around. If you have dreamweaver experience try mixing the two together, like creating your pages in photshop, and then opening them in dreamweaver to connect the dots/add forms etc.....

I still use whatever the project calls for... if it's dreamweaver, photoshop or hand coded in PSPad, I usually reach for the software that will get the job done in the least amount of time, and the cleanest code output I can get!

Robert_Vining, Nov 17, 2006 IP
  4. Conkster

Conkster Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Mini, there are a ton of resources online to help you out. If you haven't already, Google things like "free photoshop tutorials"; "photoshop layout tutorial"; "photoshop interface tutorial"; and so the list goes. I hope that helps. Sorry, don't have the time right now to research specific sites, but with Google, it shouldn't be a problem!

Good luck.

Conkster, Nov 17, 2006 IP
  5. Samba99

Samba99 Peon

Best Answers:
    Samba99, Nov 17, 2006 IP
  6. mini_m

mini_m Active Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks, thanks for the advice guys!

I've googled for tutorials and I can see what you mean, Jay. I'm trying to learn Photoshop slowly so hopefully that will help me. I've got quite a good knowledge of Dreamweaver as well but I think I'll still stick to templates for now. Found some promising ones on the internet for free :).

mini_m, Nov 17, 2006 IP
  7. juniper

juniper Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    or you can read this criterion on this site : webstyleguide.com/site/standards.html

juniper, Nov 17, 2006 IP
  8. artsofthemonth

artsofthemonth Peon

Best Answers:
    pixel2life [dot] com is good aswell

artsofthemonth, Nov 18, 2006 IP