1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Photoshop Fade images with background

Discussion in 'Photoshop' started by aljurians, Feb 10, 2012.

[​IMG]

i have a friend who needs help with her picture..

can anyone tell me how to fade a picture with background ? i need an easy tutorial (without using the layer mask
    because sometimes its really hard to make it done and leave a staright line in the middle)

if you are using brush what type of brush do you use and how small?

2. I'm also looking for someone who can help blending two images...I need this for wordpress site.

aljurians, Feb 10, 2012 IP
  2. rockafello

rockafello Member

Best Answers:
    you can just use a soft edge eraser or a background colored brush,if your background is a solid color.

rockafello, Feb 11, 2012 IP
  3. macgfxproject

macgfxproject Member

Best Answers:
    layer mask is the easiest way for a fading effect.. just hold the shift to make it a straight line

macgfxproject, Feb 22, 2012 IP
  4. gesundheit

gesundheit Member

Best Answers:
    If you're having trouble using layer mask, layer mask is still the way to do it.

1.create a layer mask for the girl, select (click) the mask of the girl, click the gradient tool (select white to black gradient>white foreground+black background), put gradient cursor on top of her head, drag+shift mouse downwards till you reach approx. her left hand then let go.

2. If you don't want to use a layer mask, set up a foreground to transparent gradient and apply the gradient from the background (lower end of the whole image) upward till you reach almost her waist

gesundheit, Feb 22, 2012 IP
  5. IDocXD

IDocXD Member

Best Answers:
    If you have the skills, you can make an actual render with the pen tool.
    Its more of an advanced skilled aside to the masking tool, meaning wit will take time and precision.

And holding shift in PS will make lines straight, and keep shapes ratios.

IDocXD, Feb 23, 2012 IP