1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Photoshop Help

Discussion in 'Photoshop' started by Bestmiler, Feb 19, 2007.

hey guys im using the photoshop cs2 and i want to make rounded edges using the rounded rectangle tool. I did it once but now I cant do it again. Here are some pics of what i did:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Bestmiler, Feb 19, 2007 IP
  2. unitedrokz

unitedrokz Peon

Best Answers:
    you see in the top left corner of your screen cap underneath the Image and Layer menu's there are 3 icons... and you have the left one selected... change that to the right icon (the solid square shape)

unitedrokz, Feb 19, 2007 IP
  3. ramakrishna p

ramakrishna p Notable Member

Best Answers:
    There are two ways to create round edge rectangles.

(1) Using Rounded Rectangle Tool.
    (2) Rectangular Marquee Tool.

Using Rectangular Marquee Tool.

Create a new layer. Select Rectangular Marquee tool. Draw Rectangle on canvas. Go to Select >> Modify >> Smooth. In Smooth Selection dialogue box type radius value. 5 pixel radius will give perfect roundness. Click ok. Fill the selection with required color (Alt+Backspace).

ramakrishna p, Feb 19, 2007 IP
  4. gringo

gringo Peon

Best Answers:
    for rounded edges use the rounded rectangle tool

gringo, Feb 20, 2007 IP
  5. Bestmiler

Bestmiler Peon

Best Answers:
    I tried what you said but after I click the "Fill Pixels" (the solid square shape), I can't place the rounded rectangle around the rectangle anymore?

Bestmiler, Feb 20, 2007 IP
  6. lowridah

lowridah Peon

Best Answers:
    Seriously the easiest way to do this is to use the rectangular marquee tool and to select a pixel amount for feathering. anything between 5 and 20 should give you satisfactory results and will make a simple raster rectangle instead of using the other tools that give you vector layers that aren't as friendly to work with (unless you know how to work with vectors in PS...in which case you really should be using Illustrator for this)

lowridah, Feb 23, 2007 IP