1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

PhotoShop How to do a pic like this?!

Discussion in 'Photoshop' started by redhits, Feb 21, 2008.

Can somebody tell me how i can get a picture done like this?

I saw many pictures on dating websites like this .... :D:D:D

I really like the effect.

If you take look , the girl that's near the camera have a nice resolution and in the back the image it's blur ...

If i will find a color one, i will also upload it

Attached Files:

redhits, Feb 21, 2008 IP
  2. Kerosene

Kerosene Alpha & Omega™ Staff

Best Answers:
    It's just a photo taken with a large aperture.
    Here's a nice little read.

I guess you could use use the blur tool/filter to blur the background in Photoshop, but it will never look as good as the real thing.

Kerosene, Feb 21, 2008 IP
  3. rockerdish

rockerdish Peon

Best Answers:
    i can do it.... how much are you willing to pay?

rockerdish, Feb 21, 2008 IP
  4. deepak3018

deepak3018 Peon

Best Answers:
    Apply desaturation.........
    press control + u

deepak3018, Feb 21, 2008 IP
  5. Kerosene

Kerosene Alpha & Omega™ Staff

Best Answers:
    Here's a quick example using gaussian blur.

[​IMG]

If you just want a single photo done, PM me - it's freebies week :)

Kerosene, Feb 21, 2008 IP
  6. innovati

innovati Peon

Best Answers:
    They call this effect Depth of field, it's done in-camera. You need a photo taken from a professional camera (SLR) to achieve this effect.

Regular consumer point-and-shoot cameras don't do this, and I suppose you could fake it in photoshop, but it's obvious.

What I would recommend to you is if you're not into photography, go find somebody who is and offer them a bunch of $$ for a digital photoshoot and just go around places you are in your daily life: cafe, house, street.

Get them to take semi-candid shots of you enjoying yourself - this will be a professional quality photo without it being like a photoshoot in a studio somewhere and will just make you look your best without looking fake.

innovati, Feb 21, 2008 IP
  7. cykill

cykill Active Member

Best Answers:
    no need slr camera :p or DLSR camera :p

you can shoot some pic with pocket camera, and then masking your picture

cykill, Feb 21, 2008 IP
  8. cykill

cykill Active Member

Best Answers:
    this some tutorial from me for everybody (free :p)

Working with Lens Blur

This photograph shows a plant on a table on a balcony against a tropical backdrop, and I would like everything in the background to appear more out of focus. If I was to use the Gaussian blur filter, I could easily make the background appear blurred, but the overall result would not actually look particularly convincing. Here I want to introduce the Lens blur filter, which is new in Photoshop. Because with the Lens blur filter, it is now possible to create realistic-looking blurs that make designated areas of the image look as if they were shot out of focus.

[​IMG]

1.Define the outline.
    To start with I used the pen tool in Photoshop to draw a pen path around the leaves of the plant and table. I saved the work path as a new path and then converted the saved path to a selection. I then inverted the selection to select the outer area by going to the Select menu and choosing Inverse. The selection was then feathered by 2 pixels. And with the selection still active, I used New > Layer Via Copy from the Layer menu (Command/Ctrl-J) to copy the selected area and place it on a separate new layer above the Background layer.

[​IMG]

2.Creating a depth mask.
    I loaded the pen path as a selection again and clicked on the Save selection as a channel button in the Channels palette. This created a new alpha channel. I then drew another pen path to define the outline of the table edge minus where the flowerpot intersected the table and converted this to a selection as well. With the alpha channel active, I set the gradient tool to black as the foreground color, with the Reflective Gradient button selected in the tool options bar and the gradient tool in Screen blend mode. This created an alpha channel that could now be used as a depth map with the Lens Blur filter.

[​IMG]

cykill, Feb 21, 2008 IP
  9. cykill

cykill Active Member

Best Answers:
    3.The Lens Blur dialog.
    I then made the copied layer in the layers palette active, went to the Filter menu and chose Blur > Lens Blur.
    The Depth Map section shows the alpha channel I just created selected as the source. The Blur Focal Plane value corresponds to the pixel value of the depth map mask. In this example, as the value is lowered the filter will gradually apply more blur to the image based on the tonal gradation within the alpha channel that is selected here. Basically, the depth map is being used to create a very shallow depth of field with the focus dropping off behind as well as in front of the plant.

Notice also the bright highlights in the dialog preview. These show as iris-shaped highlights that are controlled in the Iris section. You can pick an iris shape from the Shape menu and then use the sliders below to adjust the size, curvature and rotation. To determine where the highlights will appear boosted in the picture you need to set the Specular Highlights Threshold to a value slightly less than 255 and then adjust the brightness to produce the desired effect.

[​IMG]

4.Conclusion.
    If you compare the final result with the original image you will see that the blurred background certainly does look more convincing. The bright sky has made the light appear to flare around the trunks of the palm trees and the bright highlight points in the image have been boosted to form out-of-focus lens iris shapes. And by using a depth map, parts of the table appear just slightly out of focus as well.

[​IMG]

have fun !

cykill, Feb 21, 2008 IP
    UKWebmasterForum likes this.
  10. UKWebmasterForum

UKWebmasterForum Guest

Best Answers:
    Brilliant, simple but detailed tutorial cykill, have some green rep :).

UKWebmasterForum, Feb 21, 2008 IP
  11. innovati

innovati Peon

Best Answers:
    well here's the problem with photoshopped depth of field.

To do it right, you'd need to have as many planes of blur as there were distances to objects in the background. If you blur the tree behind somebody's head the sam amount as a car way off in the ditance, the entire background will look behind the person, but flat.

Things go more and more out of focus as they receed into space, you'd need to do a lot of work to make it look right, and if you just got a picure on a good camera anyway, it would have it already.

innovati, Feb 21, 2008 IP
  12. cykill

cykill Active Member

Best Answers:
    thank you :D

cykill, Feb 22, 2008 IP
  13. Jerky

Jerky Guest

Best Answers:
    use desaturation and blur.

Jerky, Feb 22, 2008 IP
  14. redhits

redhits Notable Member

Best Answers:
    redhits, Feb 22, 2008 IP
  15. innovati

innovati Peon

Best Answers:
    first one has very harsh desaturation and is muchly over-sharpened

the second image looks blurred, has a semi-saturated colour cast. Like it was taken in a slightly foggy room under a yellow-brown light or something.

innovati, Feb 22, 2008 IP