1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Photoshop Issue - Any ideas?

Discussion in 'Photoshop' started by sabian1982, Jun 29, 2007.

I'm using photoshop CS2.

I have a layer called navigation block, i use the rectangular marquee tool and fill it with solid colour using the bucket tool.

I then use the same tool (on the same layer) but add feather 7px (so as to give rounded edges), i use the fill tool however this time the fill has faded edges and fills outside of the defined marquee section that i have drag created.

Theres obviously some setting that ive hit - any ideas?

Green rep for the solution!

Ta

sabian1982, Jun 29, 2007 IP
  2. jperezmt

jperezmt Peon

Best Answers:
    Well what exactly are you trying to do. When you use the Marquee and add feathering to it, it's supposed to do exactly what you described, fade the edges for a distance of 7px. If you are simply trying to get rounded edges, then you can use the shape tool and select the rounded rectangle and give the edges a radius. Hope that helps.

jperezmt, Jun 29, 2007 IP
  3. ansi

ansi Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    if you're just trying to make a rounded rectangle, use the rounded rectangle tool.

[​IMG]

and then there's also another method that gives you a little more control. i put this together to help you out.

[​IMG]

as for using feather, it's doing exactly what it is supposed to. feathering the edges so that they are soft thus creating the blur effect

ansi, Jun 29, 2007 IP