1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Photoshop on Extended Display (2 monitors) but shows on both

Discussion in 'Photoshop' started by cluongo18, Jan 1, 2011.

So I got another monitor and have my laptop plugged into it. Using Windows 7 and set it up as an extended display.

I dragged Photoshop over to the monitor (not my laptop). Shows fine, but when I create a new document, or layer, or save the dialog box pops up on my lap top.

whats the deal guys?!

cluongo18, Jan 1, 2011 IP
  2. Anna Parker

Anna Parker Guest

Best Answers:
    Hi, I have this exact same issue when connecting an additional display. What I do is....say I open the "FX (or blending options)" box and it comes up on the wrong screen, I would then go to the other screen and drag the dialogue box over to the correct display, the next time that you open the SAME panel it should open on the correct display. This is what I have had to do with each different box that comes up in PS and other programs....though I am not sure exactly why this happens, I hope that I have provided at least a little insight.

Anna Parker, Jan 18, 2011 IP
  3. Piggy

Piggy Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hey mang. The Extended Display is exactly that. An extension of the desktop. Dragging something into the second display will keep it there. Dragging it over is basically telling your computer that that's the display you want that window to appear on, other wise it wouldn't know which to display it on. Once you have dragged it on to one screen, it should be on that screen the next time you get that same window.

Piggy, Jan 18, 2011 IP
  4. steelfrog

steelfrog Peon

Best Answers:
    You need to set your external display as the Primary monitor and restart Photoshop. Further windows should then be created on that monitor.

steelfrog, Jan 19, 2011 IP