1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Photoshop Problem...need help!!

Discussion in 'Photoshop' started by bmoore, May 13, 2007.

i have been using photoshop for quite sometime now, and have never had this problem. when i save my .psd's. i also save them as a .jpeg in order to send the web layouts to clients and my programmer to look at. Just recently i have had the problem w/ my .psd's turning themselves into .jpeg's where i can not make any changes to them because there are no layers, it turns the entire layout to one image. I dont know if there is a way to fix this, but last time this happened i had to completely redo the layout. Any help please!!!

bmoore, May 13, 2007 IP
  2. cyberspirits

cyberspirits Peon

Best Answers:
    i think the default has been set to jpeg...change it to .psd or else if u r losing ur precious work then...u shun't waste ur time and reinstall photoshop

cyberspirits, May 13, 2007 IP
  3. haxanstudios

haxanstudios Member

Best Answers:
    yeah.. i would recommend you reinstall the Photoshop.

I am having other issues: I have two monitors attached, one TFT and one CRT.
    both show different colors in photoshop and none of them matches the output file i generate ;)

I might need to reinstall myself.

haxanstudios, May 14, 2007 IP
  4. 8everything

8everything Peon

Best Answers:
    Since all of the layers were merged together, then you can't "unmerge" them.... like what cyberspirits said: re-install your software. You might have to redo each layer again though..

8everything, May 14, 2007 IP
  5. Blau

Blau Peon

Best Answers:
    i would like to say: re-install your Photoshop.

Blau, May 14, 2007 IP
  6. bmoore

bmoore Peon

Best Answers:
    i'm going to install CS3...hopefully this will help me out, i appreciate everyones comments...anymore are welcome

bmoore, May 14, 2007 IP
  7. joshbond

joshbond Peon

Best Answers:
    Sounds like a setting issue in PS.
    When you go to save a file are you making sure that is saving as a .psd file? I always double check to see what format I'm saving the picture as before I hit save.

joshbond, May 14, 2007 IP