1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

PHP-Nuke....My CMS choices are limited....Is it worth it?

Discussion in 'Content Management' started by happyperson, Jul 2, 2008.

Hi All,

I want to have a news and product review website. I want an RSS feed, online forum, article submission section, and possibly down the road the ability to upload/download music to this website. I am thinking about using PHP-Nuke 8.0 since that is what I am familiar with and as well is one of my few options right now. I know Joomla and Drupal are supposedly nice CMS's as well. Is PHP-Nuke too much hassle due to what I have heard about it's security issues or is this issue exaggerated or over-blown when it comes to PHP-Nuke? Do any of you recommend or develop in PHP-Nuke? I am most familiar with PHP-Nuke as a CMS. Is it worth it if my options are limited, being as I do not have Joomla or Drupal as an immediate option. Some folks say it is simply too much headache or a security concern to use PHP-Nuke. Can I have your honest opinions if you were in my shoes and a PHP-Nuke based template is one of my few options.

What to do? Thanks so much for your opinions.

happyperson, Jul 2, 2008 IP
  2. silverwing

silverwing Peon

Best Answers:
    Is there a reason you can't use Drupal or Joomla?

PHP-Nuke has been off the radar for years now - I just don't hear about people using it for new sites.

I'm sure security has gotten better since the early days.

And honestly, I don't like the way that new code is only released to paying customers first. That just goes in the face of the open source community. (If they still do that.)

~silverwing - drupal fan

silverwing, Jul 8, 2008 IP
  3. Nigel Lew

Nigel Lew Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Seems I suggest this alot lately but, wordpress is the way to go. php-nuke is a cluttered mess and not at all necessary for your deployment scenario.

Nigel

Nigel Lew, Jul 8, 2008 IP
  4. xpcontact

xpcontact Member

Best Answers:
    hi,
    try to swish to other cms, you will learn fast as you did for that php-nuke,
    I am swishing to MODx after trying Joomla and Drupal, I could show you in the future exp of my sites ;)
    take care !
    ps: never go for easy stuff... you just waste your time

xpcontact, Jul 10, 2008 IP
  5. uzair21

uzair21 Peon

Best Answers:
    Go with Joomla and then use SMF bridge to use the forum. Possibilities are limitless.

uzair21, Jul 11, 2008 IP
  6. aap

aap Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I find Drupal best CMS. Have used many CMS ..but finally settled with Drupal.

aap, Jul 11, 2008 IP