1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

phpBB, myBB, or SMF?

Discussion in 'Content Management' started by paulinewilliam, Mar 16, 2011.

Hi everyone, I want to make my first forum discussion web. Which software is better, SEO friendly, and most secure? phpBB, myBB, or SMF? how about joomla with forum plugin (like Kunena or something), is this good??

I need the answer... thanks, would you give me the review of these software too? thanks.. :)

paulinewilliam, Mar 16, 2011 IP
  2. Joshie

Joshie Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Definitely Simple Machine Forum (SMF). I had very successful and collecting over 5k users within' a month and they are very easy to install and very easy to add several plugins and also easier turn it into portal/cms better than PHPBB, and MyBB isn't very nearly as good as both. SMF is best out there because you're able to install any of plugins you wish inside administrator and PHPBB you would have to add everything manually going files to files which taking forever and more difficulty for beginner. And with SMF they have heavily anti-spam with repcatcha and several others to stop spamming as well. And also it's very easy to change things around on SMF rather than confusing PHPBB, and MYBB looks too cheap-ish and way out of style as if it's very outdated. You would success a lot with SMF than any others but if you have money then I highly recommend you go for VBulletin, as that's what DigitalPoint is using and you see how successful it is here with VBulletin.

There never is PHPBB VS MYBB VS SMF. It IS SMF VS Vbulletin, now that's real competitor. MYBB and PHPBB is not even compete with SMF, but Vbulletin is since VBulletin and SMF is very competitive each others.

Joshie, Mar 21, 2011 IP
  3. paulinewilliam

paulinewilliam Peon

Best Answers:
    thanks for all.. I'll try to use SMF :)

paulinewilliam, Mar 22, 2011 IP
  4. tomeks06

tomeks06 Guest

Best Answers:
    Definitely Simple Machine Forum (SMF) but phpbb is not to bad. I use phpbb and it's ok.

tomeks06, Mar 22, 2011 IP
  5. jacobatwood

jacobatwood Peon

Best Answers:
    I used to do my work with SMF.

jacobatwood, Mar 23, 2011 IP
  6. dropboks

dropboks Peon

Best Answers:
    I fink smf is the best choise

dropboks, Mar 27, 2011 IP