1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Phpfox

Discussion in 'Content Management' started by simply-the-best, Nov 16, 2008.

Hi friends,
    I have been reading diturbin + positive reviews all over the internet about phpfox. Some say it is dead, other say it is the best script in its category. Can you guys help me that should I buy this script or not.
    On the website it is wrtten " no encryption" but on other forums and review websites it is written that it is encoded.

found some more scripts called " socialware" and "socialengine" "dzoic handshakes"
    any reviews about them?

simply-the-best, Nov 16, 2008 IP
  2. stickycarrots

stickycarrots Peon

Best Answers:
    A client of mine purchased this script for his site. It was a couple years ago, but it had a great backend then. I would suggest it for sure.

stickycarrots, Nov 16, 2008 IP
  3. simply-the-best

simply-the-best Peon

Best Answers:
    finalhit: it was good back in 2006 but reviews tell that 2008 isn't a good year for phpfox
    got any idea about" socialware"

simply-the-best, Nov 16, 2008 IP
  4. thefandango

thefandango Active Member

Best Answers:
    I run a phpfox-based site. Their current version 1.6.21 is ok but still lacks key features working smoothly and its codebase is in places shocking.

HOWEVER it is far better than ANY of the other competitors out there right now. Reasons:

1. Open code - you can mod it easily and its smarty driven meaning you cant mess up code doing changes to your sites look.

2. Large helpful forum on their official site which has tons of free tweaks and lots of knowledgable people.

3. Its feature list is still better than most other comparable scripts.

4. It has an active modding community meaning there are literraly dozens of feature plugins available for around $20-$40 each.

They are releasing version2.0 early next year which is being totally re-written and ajax driven, and will have support for open social plugins. So if you can wait then its got to be your top choice.

So there ya go, from someone who has used it and heavily modded it, I am convinced it is the best all round choice, ut you will definitely need to spend a lot of time modding it to make it perfect.

thefandango, Nov 18, 2008 IP
  5. simply-the-best

simply-the-best Peon

Best Answers:
    thefandango: thanks for the details review

I have cancelled all my option and i am now considering two of these

1- phpfox
    2- dzoic handshakes

can you tell me which one of them is better

simply-the-best, Nov 18, 2008 IP
  6. macadu

macadu Member

Best Answers:

I have faced this decision 2 years ago and went with option 2, Dzoic, without regret. One of my sites will soon hit 20 000 members with it... :)

macadu, Nov 18, 2008 IP