1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

PhpNuke replacement

Discussion in 'Content Management' started by costy81gl, Jan 9, 2006.

Hi
    I have a nuke site with 9,000 members and it’s running very, very slow and I want to replace it with a better CMS. What is the best choice for me. I want it to run faster, also to have a similar structure. All modules are customized and I have about 10 modules made by me, so I’ll have to work a lot to make the translation.
    thanks

costy81gl, Jan 9, 2006 IP
  2. damchi

damchi Peon

Best Answers:
    Try demoing the CMS listed at www.opensourcecms.com and see which one you like.

Btw... Like you said it yourself, this is going to be a major job. Did you check if PHPNuke is really the source of your site's problems? You might want to check if you need a new host/server, because a database & script driven site with that many members will probably require a dedicated server, no matter what CMS you use.

damchi, Jan 9, 2006 IP
  3. saintdw

saintdw Peon

Best Answers:

Yeah, check the host first. I was running a site on a host that would take loads of time to do mysql queries, then i switched to my current host and website flies.

saintdw, Jan 9, 2006 IP