1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

plant identification

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by e10, May 2, 2005.

Anyone help me find a site where I can identify a couple of houseplants?

I have a bet on that these three will live longer than a week and as I seem to have a poison thumb I´m going to need some expert advice. The problem is I don´t know their latin or common names and I need a site where I can sort of describe them:

green - (duh!)
    long thin leaves, red edges, woody stem ... etc.

One of them is so common you could close your eyes and swing your handbag and probably hit one, but I just can´t find the damn thing on the internet.

I know one is a jasmine but some places say they need direct sunlight and some say no direct sunlight...

Some places say water regularly - great help that, how regularly?

I have a paid holiday riding on this, so please somebody sling me a line here.

e10, May 2, 2005 IP
  2. flawebworks

flawebworks Tech Services

Best Answers:
    Ha! You think you're poison? I'll probably kill those plants simply by responding to this thread.

Unless you have a picture of them; you might just haul them down to the local nursery. I'm sure they could help you.

flawebworks, May 2, 2005 IP
  3. e10

e10 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Definately poison thumb. I´ve only had them since Saturday and the little jasmine´s flowers are all turning brown already. I can´t just haul them down to the nursery - I don´t drive and its miles away.

I don´t believe that I can´t find the answers I need on the internet but so far all the plant sites I´ve looked at need either the latin or the common name.

e10, May 3, 2005 IP