1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Platform For A Content Site

Discussion in 'Content Management' started by banks1, Aug 19, 2009.

I've been wanting to start a few niche/content sites, but do not know exactly what platform to use. I'll explain what I mean below.

To run a blog, you use Wordpress, right? What would you use to run a content site (many articles on a specific topic) easily?

Thanks in advance!

banks1, Aug 19, 2009 IP
  2. internetmarketingiq

internetmarketingiq Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    WordPress works fine as a platform for your entire site. There are plenty of good CMS templates and then you just add a few plugins and thats all you need.

Search any active niche and you'll find WordPress sites.

Don't get so caught up in the "Blog" part of the product. WordPress is very flexible. I create almost all my CMS sites in WordPress now. As an alternative I use Joomla... but WordPress is easier to set up and more flexible for most Affiliate Marketing purposes.

internetmarketingiq, Aug 19, 2009 IP
  3. banks1

banks1 Peon

Best Answers:
    I guess I should have been more specific. I just said affiliate product because it was easier. I am actually promoting a ZIP CODE submit offcer. I basically want a site where I can easily add lots of content (for SEO like I said0, but I want the focus to be the Zip Code submit.

Any suggestions?

banks1, Aug 19, 2009 IP
  4. katiepitt

katiepitt Guest

Best Answers:
    I would also recommend Wordpress for you. Its extremely flexible and has good SEO plugins all available free.

katiepitt, Aug 20, 2009 IP