1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Please help me with my tax saving strategy - where to live/incorporate?

Discussion in 'General Business' started by stolpioni, Jan 16, 2014.

Hi,

At the moment I run a successful company in Sweden selling information products online (ClickBank etc).

I have a company registered in the US as well as one in Sweden. My goal is to emigrate to the US in the future.

Anyways. This year I'm going to make around $200,000 in profit and in the next few years I'll make a couple of million. If I do this in my Swedish company, I'll pay approximately $150,000 in tax (out of the $200k). So, that's out of the question.

My other alternative is to sell it in my US (California LLC) company. The question is here, how much of those $200,000 will I have to pay in tax? Will it be upwards of 30%? Maybe even more? I know California has an 8,5% corporate tax...although, I don't know whether that will count or not since it is a single-member LLC that I operate.

Will that mean that I only have to pay state income tax? What about federal income tax on top of that? Totally I'll probably have to pay like 30-35% in tax, am I right?

If that is so, then that kind of sucks as well. So, lately I've been thinking of setting up a company in a tax haven like UAE, Bermuda, Panama etc. and then live in the Philippines or something similar until I have sold my company for a couple of million dollars. I will then take those millions and invest and start up a new company in the US.

Now to my questions:

1. Will there be any difference for me having the California LLC compared to lets say a company in Panama, tax wise? As long as I don't physically live in the United States of course.

2. Will a company be sell-able if it is registered in a tax haven? Or is it easier to sell if it is a US based company?

3. How much do I really have to pay if I own an LLC in the US?

Would be really thankful for any help. Thank you.

stolpioni, Jan 16, 2014 IP
  2. Joe@AdPatron

Joe@AdPatron Member

Best Answers:
    Stay in sweden, you'll live longer. Also, the women are hotter.

Joe@AdPatron, Jan 17, 2014 IP
  3. onlineaholic

onlineaholic Peon

Best Answers:
    Maybe you should consider Singapore or Hong Kong? In Singapore, you don't have to pay taxes on the money that comes from out of the country (do more research - I am not entirely sure). And in Hong Kong, taxation system is beautiful!

onlineaholic, Jan 21, 2014 IP